Buick Regal Forums banner

Turbo Sound

25K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  en-tact 
#1 ·
As anyone noticed that the turbo's are awfully quiet. Anyone tried a cold air intake or anything to see if we could get a little more sound?

#7 ·
I had a 2011 Turbo (German Build) for a loner and found the turbo to be very quiet. My 2011 Turbo (N. America Build) is significantly louder and the turbo is very easy to hear... very strange as the engines are built in the same place :confused:

#9 ·
I just had to have the boost control module replaced and now the turbo is difficult to hear.

If you're getting a knock, switch to 91/93 octane gas per the owners manual. IMO a turbo should never be filled with 87 octane gas. This car will run on 87, just not very well. I switched to 93 and haven't had an issue since.

#13 ·
Would putting an intake on it void the warranty? Or would just dropping in a K&N be the best bet and would you hear the turbo more with just that? I have a HKS SSQV BOV laying around, so tempting to put on! I just don't want to mess with my warranty, once that is up its going all out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.