Buick Regal Forums banner

What brand of oil would you use for your Regal?

52K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  bavined 
#1 ·
Everyone has their preferred brand of oil. So I wanted to find out what is your favorite brand or what brand would you use and possibly why you chose that brand?

#6 ·
Id like to know where the oil filter housing is ? Pretty sad when the owners manual does not tell you.
Also does not say anywhere what kind of oil to use, just 5W30. Most european cars, BMW ect, Have it right on the oil filler cap Mobil1, Castrol ect.. I guess they are delivered with Dino oil...
Thanks,
DL

#10 · (Edited)
If I run Mobile 1 Full Synthetic in my Regal (haven't even had my first oil change yet) how many miles should I be getting between changes?

Should I be changing my filter more often (lets say every 5k miles) since I will be able to go 8-10k+ miles?
Or do I not have to worry about it on a modern car like the Regal?

Mobile 1 FAQ says NO on extra filter changes
If I go longer between oil change intervals, do I need to change my oil filter more frequently? Or do I need a special filter?

Continue to change your oil filter when you change your engine oil. Special filters or more frequent oil filter changes are not required;, however, some low quality filters may not be capable of protecting your engine throughout an extended oil change interval.

Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filters provide outstanding protection during longer oil change intervals - up to 15,000 miles of Guaranteed Protection when combined with fully synthetic motor oils. Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filters are designed to remove more impurities (99.9 percent Multi-Pass Efficiency Test rating) and hold more contaminants (22.5 grams capacity) than conventional oil filters, which make them ideal candidates when oil drain intervals are extended. All new car warranties remain in effect when Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filters are used. Follow your vehicle manufacturer's recommended oil change intervals.

#11 ·
I personally, pick the oil and filter and change interval. Go with it. Then pull a sample and send in for analysis, adjust per results of analysis.

Don't know about the regal yet, but in my truck I've been running 10,000 miles with synthetic oil.

#16 ·
GM isn't going to waste the 2 week time frame or money to have the oil run through analysis. Even then other oils have just as much metals, minerals, additives etc in it so there is no way to tell. Specially not on these motors. V8 corvettes that blow all the time could be a different story since it costs them a lot in repair money.

#18 ·
Pennzoil Pure Plus Platinum 5w30 High Mileage
FRAM (Yes, FRAM) Ultra Synthetic

From there, I just change when it tells me, since it's always well below the extended range of these products.

I actually took a lot of time to decide on these as well. Lots of other forums, reviews, and tests.

#21 ·
On a related note, if you're considering purchasing a Regal or any other vehicle and need financial assistance, exploring auto loans in Arizona (AZ) can help you finance your purchase. Whether you're buying new or used, securing the right auto loan with favorable terms and rates is essential. Be sure to shop around and compare offers from different lenders to find the best deal that fits your budget and financial goals.

#22 ·
On a related note, if you're considering purchasing a Regal or any other vehicle and need financial assistance, exploring auto loans az can help you finance your purchase. Whether you're buying new or used, securing the right auto loan with favorable terms and rates is essential. Be sure to shop around and compare offers from different lenders to find the best deal that fits your budget and financial goals.
When it comes to choosing the right oil for your Regal, it's essential to opt for a trusted and reliable brand that meets the manufacturer's specifications. Brands like Mobil 1, Pennzoil, or Castrol are popular choices known for their high-quality synthetic oils, which provide superior engine protection and performance. Before making a decision, consult your owner's manual or consult with a qualified mechanic to ensure you're using the right oil viscosity and specifications for your vehicle.