factory HID lights - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

factory HID lights

Who has 'em?
Are they just the lows? Or hi and fogs too? What bulbs (5000k, 6000k)?
Are they on for the drl or is drl a different bulb?
How about a close up pic of the headlights please? Day time, lights off.

James -
2012 Chevy Express Cargo
2013 Chevy Volt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

so, I guess I'm gonna have to order some hid's for the Agents car and see what happens?

James -
2012 Chevy Express Cargo
2013 Chevy Volt
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 04:09 PM

Any luck obtaining HIDs for your Regal? If so, I have a few questions.

1. Did you go with factory HIDs (Regal Turbo and GS)? If not, what manufacturer did you use?

2. If you obtained factory HIDs, what was the cost (if you do not mind sharing that information)? If you do not mind sharing the information, but want to keep it private, you can always PM me if you prefer.

3. Did you perform the install?

Thank you in advance.

Rob

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I havent done anything with the regal yet.

I ordered some for the xB from ddm tuning. Also have these in the truck and van. Cheap and easy to install. I had 2 ballasts go bad in the last 150,000 miles usage. One from corrision in the plug, the other started flickering, something internal

James -
2012 Chevy Express Cargo
2013 Chevy Volt
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 11:00 AM

The factory HIDs are 4300K. They are for both low and high beams. Fogs are halogens. HID bulb is HID-D1S.

The attached picture is as close as I have right now. I would take a closer picture but my car was rear ended and is in the body shop at the moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Regal front.jpg (99.8 KB, 23 views)

2011 Buick Regal T-05
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozbyrt View Post
The factory HIDs are 4300K. They are for both low and high beams. Fogs are halogens. HID bulb is HID-D1S.

The attached picture is as close as I have right now. I would take a closer picture but my car was rear ended and is in the body shop at the moment.
Thanks for posting the pic of your Turbo and for the information. Sorry to learn about your accident. Hopefully no one was injured.

Ironically, when I took my Regal to a local body shop the other day I saw a Regal Turbo that had been rear ended. I do not see many Regals where I live, so to see a Turbo at a body shop was quite surprising!

Best of luck with the repairs!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon II Rob View Post
Thanks for posting the pic of your Turbo and for the information. Sorry to learn about your accident. Hopefully no one was injured.

Ironically, when I took my Regal to a local body shop the other day I saw a Regal Turbo that had been rear ended. I do not see many Regals where I live, so to see a Turbo at a body shop was quite surprising!

Best of luck with the repairs!
Thanks Rob! Sorry about the ding in your car. Things like that can be very annoying especially in a new car. Best of luck to you too!

2011 Buick Regal T-05
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

ouch, that sucks!

any way I could get a key to your city Van, TX? I love it

James -
2012 Chevy Express Cargo
2013 Chevy Volt
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestepchild View Post
ouch, that sucks!

any way I could get a key to your city Van, TX? I love it
The original name for the city was whodathoughit. In 1894 schoolteacher Henry Vance established a post office, and the name Van was chosen when the post office renamed the community for resident Vannie Tunnell and postmaster Vance.

2011 Buick Regal T-05
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:46 PM

I see that this thread is a bit old, but to me, it's still relevant. I bought a 2011 Regal 2 years ago as my first car and I've loved it. Haven't had any issues until this past winter. My current issue is my headlights or (one) headlight in this case. My left front headlight is out, unfortunately, it's the HID light. I bought a replacement bulb and go figure, it didn't work. I ended up taking it to the dealership to have it looked at and they told me I need a new ballast. They said it was a $260+ part. didn't have that kind of money at the time so i've just been putting it off.

Where can I find one cheaper and what exactly am I looking for? They didn't give me a part number and there are tons of things that pop up online, but they all seem very different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page