Although I do like the appearance and styling of my 2011 Regal CXL, I am disappointed with the number of quality issues I have experienced in my German-built sedan. Here's a sobering list of issues I have experienced:
had service recall to fix selonoid issue causing a loud "rattle" on start-up.
- had computer reset to try and fix hard shifts in transmission
- had passenger taillight assembly replaced due to condensation buildup on the inside of the lens
- had passenger taillight assembly replaced again due to condensation buildup
- had car towed to dealership (50,000 km) due to thermostat failure causing engine temp warning
- received recall notice to fix software for oil monitor system
- rear brake caliper seized (58,000 km) requiring replacement of rotor and pads
- have now noticed that driver's side rear taillight assembly is now completely fogged up with internal condensation and will need replacing
Has anyone else experienced these seemingly never ending service calls? My car is still under warranty but the brake issue will cost me out of pocket. All of the other issues were or will be fixed under warranty, but it still leaves me without a car for the day when service is required. For the money I paid for this car, I expected a lot better quality than what I received. The last GM product I bought cost a LOT less and had no issues during the time (160,000 km and 4 years) that I owned it.