2011 Heated Seats Issue - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10
2011 Heated Seats Issue

My 2011 Buick Regal Turbo, has started having problems with the driver's side heated seat. It will turn on and heat for 1 minute and 13 seconds (on high), then it will shut off automatically. I press the button again, and it will heat for 1 minute and 13 seconds, and then automatically shut off AGAIN.
Any suggestions?
Anyone else having this problem?
Sillemik68 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Buick Customer Service's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 157
Hi Sillemik68,

This sounds frustrating, and I am sorry to hear you are experiencing the issue. Have you had the vehicle diagnosed at your local dealership? If not, I would be happy to arrange an appointment for you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillemik68 View Post
My 2011 Buick Regal Turbo, has started having problems with the driver's side heated seat. It will turn on and heat for 1 minute and 13 seconds (on high), then it will shut off automatically. I press the button again, and it will heat for 1 minute and 13 seconds, and then automatically shut off AGAIN.
Any suggestions?
Anyone else having this problem?
Buick Customer Service is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 12:19 PM
sjr
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: IL, NY
Posts: 21
I had the same exact problem. Took it to the dealer and they replaced a faulty module. all under warranty.
sjr is offline  
 
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick Customer Service View Post
Hi Sillemik68,

This sounds frustrating, and I am sorry to hear you are experiencing the issue. Have you had the vehicle diagnosed at your local dealership? If not, I would be happy to arrange an appointment for you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care
I dropped it off at the dealer this afternoon.
Sillemik68 is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Buick Customer Service's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 157
Okay, great! Please keep me posted on the diagnosis.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillemik68 View Post
I dropped it off at the dealer this afternoon.
Buick Customer Service is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick Customer Service View Post
Okay, great! Please keep me posted on the diagnosis.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care
They said the element had a short, so they replaced the element.
I then got a call 2 hrs later and they said the module was bad too. They didn't have the module, so they kept the car overnight.
He wouldn't offer me a loaner car either. (which i thought was GM's policy, if a warrantied repair was more than one day?)
They replaced the module today and it's repaired.
Sillemik68 is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-27-2013, 07:00 AM
Junior Member
 
TKR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ashland, Oh
Posts: 25
I had the exact same issue. Repaired under warranty. I understand this is a pretty common problem with the 2011 model.

2011 T06 (Rüsselsheim)
TKR7 is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Junior Member
 
JJfromPa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.
Posts: 2
I am having the same problem, Thanks for the trouble shooting advice
JJfromPa is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7
I just bought a 2011 and noticed the same exact thing. Never having heated seats before, I wondered if that was all the time I was supposed to get. Thanks for the heads up.
Max Power is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Buick Customer Service's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 157
Hello Sillemik68,

I truly apologize for my delay in responding to your update! I am happy to hear the vehicle has been repaired. Please let me know if you ever have further questions or concerns. Thank you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillemik68 View Post
They said the element had a short, so they replaced the element.
I then got a call 2 hrs later and they said the module was bad too. They didn't have the module, so they kept the car overnight.
He wouldn't offer me a loaner car either. (which i thought was GM's policy, if a warrantied repair was more than one day?)
They replaced the module today and it's repaired.
Buick Customer Service is offline  
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3
Having the same problem with my 2011, and we had the coldest winter in recorded history this year.
Rebelx5150 is offline  
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 7
I have a 2011 too. No problem yet, but I'm glad I got an extended bumper to bumper warranty. Glad that Your problems will all be solved. Must be those German parts.
Matt Denyl is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 10:34 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 2
2011 seat heater issue

I had the same issue with the drivers seat heater stopping working. Took it to the dealers and they replace the module. That was about a year ago and just last week it stopped working again. Well back to the dealer.
Miked822 is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Buick Customer Service's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 157
Hi Miked822,

So sorry to hear this. The dealership is in the best position to offer technical advice; however, we are happy to assist in contacting them on your behalf if the concern remains unresolved. Please keep us posted!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miked822 View Post
I had the same issue with the drivers seat heater stopping working. Took it to the dealers and they replace the module. That was about a year ago and just last week it stopped working again. Well back to the dealer.
Buick Customer Service is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 08:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Buick Customer Service's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 157
Hi Rebelx5150,

Were you able to find a resolution to your vehicle concerns? If not, we would be happy to help!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelx5150 View Post
Having the same problem with my 2011, and we had the coldest winter in recorded history this year.
Buick Customer Service is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome