2011 Buick Regal Headlamp Wiring - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cowart_5

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation 2011 Buick Regal Headlamp Wiring

I purchased a Certified Used 2011 Buick Regal CXL less than a year ago. I didn't even make it off the lot, when the information panel said to check the passenger low beam headlamp. (So much for that impressive Buick inspection, lol) So, I did. The lamp was burnt out, and the dealership apologized and replaced the bulb. 3 months later, that same bulb burnt out. I was going to just replace the bulb myself, but noticed that the plastic casing was melted and basically crumbled in my hand. When I took my car to the dealership, they ended up replacing the wiring harness and bulb. Luckily it was covered under the warranty (this was a $600 problem). 3 months later, the driver side lamp goes out, and I get a "check stabilitrack" notification in the information system. Same thing. I go to replace the bulb only to see that the wires have been melted and the plastic casing is burnt and falling apart. Again, I take it to the dealership and they replace everything (I barely made the cut, as my warranty would've ran out in about 30 more miles). They said the stabilitrack notification was due to something with the tire sensor (another wiring issue).

While it was in the shop, they also did a routine oil change and tire rotation. It's been less than two weeks since I got my car back- and NOW the "check engine" light is on!! Am I missing something here???? My car is no longer under warranty so I have to assume that whatever issue magically appeared with my engine less than 2 weeks after it was released from the shop- will be a cost out of my pocket.

Has anyone had these issues???
Thanks,
Jeannette....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannes2boys View Post
I purchased a Certified Used 2011 Buick Regal CXL less than a year ago. I didn't even make it off the lot, when the information panel said to check the passenger low beam headlamp. (So much for that impressive Buick inspection, lol) So, I did. The lamp was burnt out, and the dealership apologized and replaced the bulb. 3 months later, that same bulb burnt out. I was going to just replace the bulb myself, but noticed that the plastic casing was melted and basically crumbled in my hand. When I took my car to the dealership, they ended up replacing the wiring harness and bulb. Luckily it was covered under the warranty (this was a $600 problem). 3 months later, the driver side lamp goes out, and I get a "check stabilitrack" notification in the information system. Same thing. I go to replace the bulb only to see that the wires have been melted and the plastic casing is burnt and falling apart. Again, I take it to the dealership and they replace everything (I barely made the cut, as my warranty would've ran out in about 30 more miles). They said the stabilitrack notification was due to something with the tire sensor (another wiring issue).

While it was in the shop, they also did a routine oil change and tire rotation. It's been less than two weeks since I got my car back- and NOW the "check engine" light is on!! Am I missing something here???? My car is no longer under warranty so I have to assume that whatever issue magically appeared with my engine less than 2 weeks after it was released from the shop- will be a cost out of my pocket.

Has anyone had these issues???
Thanks,
Jeannette....
Hey Jeannette,

Thank you for your business. Iím very sorry to hear that you have experienced all of these issues with your Regal, and that now your check engine light is on. I can certainly imagine your frustrations! I would be more than happy to look into your check engine light concern further and get in touch with your dealership on your behalf. If interested, please feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, full contact info, current mileage and the name of your preferred local dealer. Also, donít hesitate to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Shane M.
Buick Customer Care
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 03:33 PM

Did anybody find a solution to this problem? I bought an after market pig tail socket but I find it is too big. I was able to make it fit. I put everything back together but now I find that this headlight is aiming to low. Tried to adjust it..........no luck.
Any solutions to my problem will be welcomed.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

My check engine light was some emissions code. I have better news to share though. I now have something burning under the hood! I'm sitting in the parking lot at my son's golf tournament when white smoke starts to seep out from under my hood (closest to the windshield). I could smell something like plastic burning? I drove home and the smoke stopped, but the smell filled my garage. The dealership is almost an hour from where I work, and they're closed by the time I get off work. So I will have to take time off from work (loss of pay), make the drive (cost of fuel) and then pay (no longer under warranty) for the dealership to probably tell me I have ANOTHER electrical problem and it will be my expense....that's if my car doesn't catch on fire before I get there. Way too many electrical issues on this car to not issue a recall. Oh, did I mention my heated seats quit working?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:17 AM

Finally others with similar issues as mine...
I purchased a 2011 Buick Regal, brand new off the lot as well. (I purchased it in Feb. of 2012). So, the later part of 2014 my driver side head light went out. I took it to the dealership and it turns out being an electrical problem and I had to replace the entire headlamp assembly for $1500! My warranty had just expired and the dealership had no clue why it went out. Then at the end of 2015 the passenger side headlight did the same. I finally replaced in Feb of 2016 for another $1500. At this point I'm thinking that I have replaced both lights and I should be good to go. NO! Just last month- August 2016 the driver side goes out again!!!! I take it to a dealership in another state and they told me the exact same thing "we don't know what the problem is but you need to replace the entire headlamp assembly and ballast this time for $1800". At this point I believe that no one knows how to fix this electrical issue and there should definitely be a recall. For over a month now, I have been assigned a lead supervisor at GMC but she is never available and does not return calls or emails.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 10:46 PM

Well, I finally got hold of the supervisor and she told me that there is nothing that she can do. Never again, Buick. Now I'm pretty much stuck with this piece of crap car. I'm praying that there will eventually be an electrical recall.
Bob Saccamano likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 11:15 AM

I'm jumping on this ride as well. I purchased a brand new Regal 2011 in Aug 2011. Initially I thought it was a great find. However, 2 months in the vehicle started with loud screeching noises whenever AC was on and in drive so sitting at stop lights or pulling up to pickup someone had the whole area staring at me. Took the car in for service and dealer "didn't find anything'. I had to point out the issue didn't happen when car was in park but only in drive mode...seemed like the idle was a factor. Anyway, there was a belt replaced and it worked for 4 months (or it was winter and didn't use AC). I did notice that first winter my electric seat heater for driver side seat didn't work but passenger side did. I never took that to get fixed as I didn't get the warranty (lesson learned)

Now, 5 years in I get the check headlamp notification and go to replace the bulb but see the connector has black char marks like a short has occurred. I am reluctant to take to dealer as I don't have 1,000+ for this repair.

Does anyone know if a recall has been issued for these repeated electrical issues? Thank you.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page