LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation 2.0L CXL Turbo Engine Problems

The vehicle:
2011 Regal CXL Turbo A/T.
Mods:
ZZP CAI, ZZP Downpipe with CAT delete, Forged Motorsports BOV, Trifecta tuning

Situation:
I come up to a stop sign (on a closed course of course).... I power brake until the car starts to make boost.. I let off the gas and the car starts smoking the tires and boosting as it increases RPMs. Right around full boost (22-23 psi) and right before the engine governs I let off the gas and the car goes in to "power reduction" mode, or what I like to call "limp mode"....where there is a sudden loss of power and the car won't really accelerate no matter how hard you stomp on the pedal. It's happened before under that same power brake scenario but the car usually returns back to normal within a few seconds. Well, this time it didn't. When I let off the gas to reset "limp mode" and accelerated again the car started "sputtering" and misfiring as it struggled to climb RPMs and speed. No granted there was no explosion, no oil leaks, nothing sounded like it blew a rod or anything along those lines. The only thing out of the ordinary (besides the engine behavior) was the "Stabilitrak" light started blinking. At one point I let off the gas and accelerate again....once I let off the gas it backfired really loud (never done that before) and there was a "gasoline" smell for a couple of seconds but then it went away. So right now when you start the car it struggles a little bit but eventually starts and idles. It idles rough and when you step on the gas the RPMs go up but it does so "sputtering" and misfiring the whole time. Also the transmission wont shift passed 2nd gear, not even in "manual mode"...it just says "shift denied" even though the RPMs are high enough that there is no reason for the shift not to be allowed.

Do you guys think I jumped time? It's the only conclusion I can think of right now. Thanks in advance Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

These are the codes pulled from the car.
P0036
P0054
P0138
P0140
P0141
P0300 <--- that's the one I' concerned about (engine misfire detected)
P0650
P2271
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page