Remote Vehicle Start - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Remote Vehicle Start

just took home a CXL RL4 package...I will have to say my only complaint is that you cant get remote vehicle start from the factory...even the RL6 package! But i got it anyway.
BRegal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldrbob11 View Post
I seen that too wish I lived near that dealer. I went with aftermarket, works well.

2012 Buick Regal Turbo Premium III
2011 Buick Regal CXL RL6 (lease ended)
2009 Pontiac Solstice (Wicket) GXP
2007 Pontiac Solstice (Deep) NA (traded in for gxp)
2005 Pontiac G6 GT (sold)
GaryDN is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Member
 
jwh3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 37
I miss having remote start. I am surprised that remote start is not at least an option. My 2007 Saturn Aura had factory remote start.
jwh3 is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 01:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Visalia. Ca
Posts: 29
Send a message via AIM to Letsrun97z
Do other dealers know how to do this. What parts if any are needed
Letsrun97z is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldrbob11 View Post
I contacted them to see if there was a way to get this upgrade without traveling so far...unfortunately a no-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryDN View Post
I seen that too wish I lived near that dealer. I went with aftermarket, works well.
Ended up going this same route. Not a huge fan of having to give up the spare key to do the install but I guess it is what it is.
skooter65 is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by skooter65 View Post
I contacted them to see if there was a way to get this upgrade without traveling so far...unfortunately a no-go



Ended up going this same route. Not a huge fan of having to give up the spare key to do the install but I guess it is what it is.
why did you have to give up the spare key? I have both keys still. they have a way to install remote and keep both keys. places around here charge $50 extra for it.

2012 Buick Regal Turbo Premium III
2011 Buick Regal CXL RL6 (lease ended)
2009 Pontiac Solstice (Wicket) GXP
2007 Pontiac Solstice (Deep) NA (traded in for gxp)
2005 Pontiac G6 GT (sold)
GaryDN is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryDN View Post
why did you have to give up the spare key? I have both keys still. they have a way to install remote and keep both keys. places around here charge $50 extra for it.

Really...do you know how they accomplished it with your Regal? The RFID of the key is necessary to start the vehicle. All of the places that I spoke to said that there is no way to bypass this. The spare key is in a RFID reader under the dash with a wire wrapping around the internal of the steering column.

I would be interested to know what they did for your vehicle.
skooter65 is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by skooter65 View Post
Really...do you know how they accomplished it with your Regal? The RFID of the key is necessary to start the vehicle. All of the places that I spoke to said that there is no way to bypass this. The spare key is in a RFID reader under the dash with a wire wrapping around the internal of the steering column.

I would be interested to know what they did for your vehicle.
they have a cloner for the key and it is under the dash. I not sure of how but several places here new about it but most would not offer it till I told them I would not give up the second key.

2012 Buick Regal Turbo Premium III
2011 Buick Regal CXL RL6 (lease ended)
2009 Pontiac Solstice (Wicket) GXP
2007 Pontiac Solstice (Deep) NA (traded in for gxp)
2005 Pontiac G6 GT (sold)
GaryDN is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 16
Does anyone know what the cost of this addition is?

Is there a designated location on the factory key FOB for this addition?

Will this work with the remote start functionality of the OnStar Mylink App?

Thanks! ....my Regal CXL RL1 just came in today and I take delivery in about 2 hrs! And, Sellers Buick is about 5 miles from my house.
RegalRaj is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4
Gary, Where did you have your remote start installed. Chris (SE Michigan)
RegalT is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 22
local place here in RI

Benefit Auto

Benefit Auto Service

2012 Buick Regal Turbo Premium III
2011 Buick Regal CXL RL6 (lease ended)
2009 Pontiac Solstice (Wicket) GXP
2007 Pontiac Solstice (Deep) NA (traded in for gxp)
2005 Pontiac G6 GT (sold)
GaryDN is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4
Chris White at Bob Sellers Buick in Farmington Hills, MI setup my Regal with an OEM remote start. I provided Chris with VIN and he ordered new Buick keyfobs with remote button and laser cut keys. Keyfobs arrived in 4 days and setup took less than 1 hour. Heated seats, front and rear defrost are activated with remote start via factory settings. Chris also enabled Regal GS Performance Menu that includes: digital turbo boost, lap timer, distance timer (0-60), digital coolant temp, trans temp and battery voltage.
RegalT is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 14
Did Chris White at Bob Sellers Buick also add ejector seats, pop out gun barrels, bullet shield, a 3-way revolving front license plate and oil slick ejectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalT View Post
Chris White at Bob Sellers Buick in Farmington Hills, MI setup my Regal with an OEM remote start. I provided Chris with VIN and he ordered new Buick keyfobs with remote button and laser cut keys. Keyfobs arrived in 4 days and setup took less than 1 hour. Heated seats, front and rear defrost are activated with remote start via factory settings. Chris also enabled Regal GS Performance Menu that includes: digital turbo boost, lap timer, distance timer (0-60), digital coolant temp, trans temp and battery voltage.

2011 Regal CXL
Indiana
kwatch is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
Posts: 15
LOL no bond stuff I dont know if its in the GS or not but some of the stuff I added is from the Insignia OPC some isnt

Chris White
2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
2008 Trailblazer SS -Tune/CAI/Corsa
2009 Corvette Z06 3LZ - '10 Launch Control
2011 Lacrosse CXS - Custom IPC/BCM
2011 CTS-V 700CHP Custom BCM/IPC
2012 SRX - Custom BCM
2012 Acadia Denali AWD - Custom BCM
GTPprix is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatch View Post
did chris white at bob sellers buick also add ejector seats, pop out gun barrels, bullet shield, a 3-way revolving front license plate and oil slick ejectors?
lol!
RegalT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome