Pre-Cut Clearbra - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Pre-Cut Clearbra

Well the pre-cut clearbra showed up today. 3m has a nice deal going if you buy past a certain dollar amount you get a mini install kit, headlight protection kit, door edges, and shipping all free.

I'll have some before and after pics by the weekend and a DIY about it also.

yes its a small picture, but it's just uninstalled pre-cut material and doesn't warrant a large picture.

If you think you have things under control, your not going fast enough- Mario Andretti

2011 buick "T" type auto
2004 pontiac gto

Last edited by T-Type Redux; 01-14-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 12:16 AM

Curious how this came out? Thanks!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 04:58 PM

yeah! kit arrived in Jan. and here it is Aug and no pics. Guess he messed it up!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 11:37 AM

3M Clear Bra - Worth It !

These clearbra's are wicked hard to get right ! I tried to do my G8GT...finally gave up and paid a shop to do it. I work for 3M and would only use their product (because they're the best, unbiased) but they claim "easy to install"...not quite. I am very patient and tried several times on an easy area (flat hood)....ended up throwing my hands in the air and paying $350 to have it installed. BTW - it is totally worth it. They are hardly noticeable and protect the surface extremely well.

2011 Regal Turbo
2009 G8 GT

Last edited by Quicksilver; 11-07-2011 at 12:21 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 07:41 AM

I've always wondered about these. My buddy had one professional installed on his LS lexus and it was a black car but you could clearly see the bra line. I understand the logic behind it, but when you sell it do you take it off or something? I just don't see the point of protecting it from chips if your never going to see that perfect paint? I am missing something here. Can anyone post up some pics on their regal? I'd love to see what it looks like, I am too scared to mess up the lines of the car.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 06:17 PM

Hardly noticable

The Clear Bra protects high contact area's from stone chips and other crap. They are hardly noticable (3M) and unless you are right on top of them you can barely see them. Yes, they are removeable. They peel right off. I do use a toothbrush along the lines after waxing, it is probably the #1 cause for unsightly lines.

2011 Regal Turbo
2009 G8 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page