How do I remove a 2011 regal front headlight - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

How do I remove a 2011 regal front headlight

I'm having trouble removing my headlights if anyone knows please help

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 10:21 PM

I just did that. It's ridiculous. The engineer who designed the front end so you have to remove the front bumper cover to remove the headlight ought be be made to come to your house at his own expense & change it for you. (among other things) I found a video on youtube that generally showed how. Sorry I don't have the link. You'll have to search. you basically have to remove the wheel, go in through the wheel opening, remove the inner fender liner, pull out the bumper cover at the side, after removing all the screws you can find & pry it out a ways to access the back of the light & the screws that hold it in. Royal pain in the butt. Have fun!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 03:32 PM

Garage
Kinda funny to hear about having to remove the bumper since the 2009 Malibu I traded in for my 2014 Regal also had the same issue.
Good thing after 5 years I never had to change or have to pay to change my headlights.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 03:14 PM

It is common practice on new car designs to have to remove the bumper to access the lower attachment bolts for the headlights.

If you are trying to replace a cracked headlight let me know I need a round dust shield (the thing that protects the d1s h.i.d. bulb). I just purchased a gs that's missing one, it can't be a coincidence that the bulb is burned out it's obviously a crucial part to keep out water.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 10:29 PM

Do you mean the whole unit or replacing bulbs? I have the standard halogen headlights and replacing the bulbs on my 2012 is very easy.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 11:24 AM

Sorry, I can not help
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 04:58 PM

Today I removed my bumper/grill and replaced both ballast with new bulbs in less than an hour. A total of 12 T20 Torx screws to remove bumper/grill and 4 screws for each headlamp assembly. I removed both front wheels just for more space to get to the 3 T20s that hold the bumper/grill to the wells. It's not necessary though. The link below was all I needed to pull bumper/grill and holding help to put back in place. Saved me hundreds$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

https://www.regalforums.com/forums/ap...sion-pics.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page