Changing Front Speakers - Page 2 - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 04:14 PM

Wow, you are correct. I just tried the Google search again and this came up first. I found nothing at all last time.

Did the doors and with the added tweeters in the speakers I used for that application, I seems to have plenty of mid and highs, so not compelled to do the dash anymore. Thanks for the link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdaex View Post
Literally the first result on google:
The Madisound Speaker Store
I ordered this speaker and replace the Polk audio speaker I have in my system. Sounds great. Should be no long term issues as it is an 8 ohm speaker.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 02:12 PM

For those of you who have added subs, how'd you get through the firewall? I just bought a 2011 CXL Turbo (No H/K system), and want to add my amp/sub, but can't figure out how to run the line through the firewall, without drilling.

EDIT: Got it figured out. Tks anyway.

I also ordered the dash replacement speaker from Madisound, as well as a set of Polk DB651 speakers for my back doors. Will be ordering the DB6501 set for the front doors in the near future.

Next question is, when replacing the speakers, did everyone just splice the wires onto the new ones, or are there aftermarket harness adapters for the speakers?

Last edited by Darkvette; 08-02-2014 at 09:28 PM.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 01:37 AM

I dont see any sizes listed for the door speakers? Front and rear please
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 07:50 AM

Front 6.5 Inch with 3.2 Inch depth

Back 6.5 Inch with 2.8 inch depth

Check out www.metraonline.com and search your specific vehicle trim and year.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 07:19 AM

Using a plastic trim tool, remove the aluminum piece on the door handle and the two bolts underneath. (T15 I believe.)
Step 2: Using same trim tool, remove the plastic trim behind door handle and remove screw using same T15 as before.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 07:20 AM

as well as a set of Polk DB651 speakers for my back doors. Will be ordering the DB6501 set for the front doors in the near future.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 04:42 PM

What was the model number of the Kicker Component set used?
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvette View Post
For those of you who have added subs, how'd you get through the firewall? I just bought a 2011 CXL Turbo (No H/K system), and want to add my amp/sub, but can't figure out how to run the line through the firewall, without drilling.

EDIT: Got it figured out. Tks anyway.

I also ordered the dash replacement speaker from Madisound, as well as a set of Polk DB651 speakers for my back doors. Will be ordering the DB6501 set for the front doors in the near future.

Next question is, when replacing the speakers, did everyone just splice the wires onto the new ones, or are there aftermarket harness adapters for the speakers?
How did you run the line through the fire wall? Where did you run it through?

Also, is it required to get 8 ohms impedance or can I get away with 4 for the dash?

What is the power output to the speakers for the doors? I ask because I would like to match up the rms for new speakers as best as possible. I have a 2012 regal turbo 1 without HK

Last edited by cloudy; 08-26-2015 at 11:08 AM.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 06:23 PM

Thanks a lot. I just replaced all 4 door speakers with Memphis audio 6.5 and a 500 watt JL 10 sub in trunk. What a difference those Memphis speakers made in clarity. I've been missing so much of the music for years!! The first door was a bugar, but after that I did 3 remaining doors in about 40 minutes.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 10:21 PM

Hello all,
I just joined these forums, pretty cool to have one just for us regal owners 😊. I have a 2013 Buick Regal Turbo Premium III with the HK system. I have installed two Pioneer Champion 12’s in the trunk hooked to a Pioneer 800RMS amp at 2 ohms split between them. I also just wired in a CAP to go to that amp, and a Rockville 4-Ch amp all wired up and ready to go to 2 sets of Infinity components. I am keeping the stock tweets, and mounted the others at top of each front door post, then another one on the left and right center posts... now to install the door speakers, this post comes into play.

The directions are great and it seems pretty easy; however, I can’t seem to get the little door handle trim piece off. I removed the little plastic trim behind the handle and took out the one bolt, but now the larger trim piece won’t come free. Can someone provide any detailed guidance on how to do that?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page