Radio problems - Page 2 - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 03:19 PM

If anyone is having the radio issue, please send us a PM with your situation, VIN#, contact information, address, and the name the name of the dealership. A case with GM will be set-up for the duration of the repair. Thank you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 08:26 PM

Has anybody found a solution to this problem? The dealership just replaced my amp and it did not fix the problem. I only get the fading when my ipod is connected through USB and they though it might be a software compatibility issue. Any suggestions of what to do next?
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 PM

I took it to the dealership and they did a software update but it didnt fix the issue.

2011 Buick Regal 2.0T T06 Black on black

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 03:42 PM

Angry

First of all hello to everyone, I just found this forum through a search for this volume problem. I have had a TO7 for two years and have been complaining about the volume issue since day one to no avail. I just get puzzled looks from the reps. They did replace the antenna module once as I was also getting road noise through the speakers. It fixed the road noise but not the volume issue. It is drastic in my vehicle to the point I don't play MP3s or CDs. It doesn't seem as bad in the radio mode but with MP3s and CDs the volume and EQ is all over the map and yes the auto volume is set to off.
I dropped it off at the dealer for some regular maintenance and asked the rep to check for TSBs for this issue but when picking up the vehicle he said he couldn't find anything and I'm the only one of his Buick customers with this problem. I figured by now something would have been found.
After reading several threads on this forum I'm ticked off and it looks like I'm not alone.
So, I have seen a reported amp software issue, a head unit replacement, possible steering wheel volume control issue but nothing definitive. So have I missed something? We need to take some action unless there is something already in motion.
Regards, KJ
I sent a copy of this thread and my vehicle vin via a pm

Last edited by kjschultz; 04-24-2013 at 03:51 PM.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 09:16 AM

Fluctuating Radio Volume

Add mine to the list (2011 TO7)...Radio (with Nav) goes crazy up and down volume on all inputs, XM, CD, USB, etc..Tell me there's a competent dealer in MI that can solve this one.
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 08:02 PM

Update: Vehicle was at the dealer for dropping Bluetooth and fluctuating volume. Sorry to say that after 2 full days of updates, and the tech speaking with the (TAC?) team @ GM, my issues still remain.

I'll try another dealer to see what they can come up with...It's a shame, I really love this vehicle and would consider a GS next, fingers crossed it's a fixable issue.
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 07:07 PM

I was having the same exact issue as all of you. I stopped by Patsy Lou in Flint MI last week and they looked up recalls for the car (2011 Regal turbo) - there's a TSB that calls for the replacement of the amplifier should a customer complain of the issues we have. Well, made the appointment to have it swapped out on Monday and I'm happy to report that the issue has been RESOLVED!

New user, just wanted to let y'all know.

Take care.

Ian
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 07:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bpwilmoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by carniveau View Post
I was having the same exact issue as all of you. I stopped by Patsy Lou in Flint MI last week and they looked up recalls for the car (2011 Regal turbo) - there's a TSB that calls for the replacement of the amplifier should a customer complain of the issues we have. Well, made the appointment to have it swapped out on Monday and I'm happy to report that the issue has been RESOLVED!

New user, just wanted to let y'all know.

Take care.

Ian
That is great news Ian!

Do you know the TSB number? I want to call my dealer and tell them exactly what they need to know.

Thanks for the post...

Bryan Wilmoth
2011 Regal CXL Turbo
Trifecta Tune
T05, 20% Rear 30% Front Tint
MTX Re-Q Processor with Kenwood KAC 7204 Amp powering a Sundown Audio E-10 Subwoofer in a 1.1 cu/ft vented enclosure
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 08:46 PM

The paperwork from the dealership doesn't state the TSB number, only the "bulletin no." 10960. Hope this helps!
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 08:47 PM

Correction - p10960.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carniveau View Post
Correction - p10960.
Thanks! I'm going to call my dealer.

Bryan Wilmoth
2011 Regal CXL Turbo
Trifecta Tune
MTX Re-Q Processor with Kenwood KAC 7204 Amp powering a Sundown Audio E-10 Subwoofer in a 1.1 cu/ft vented enclosure
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 10:49 PM

Tsb is technical service bulletin , same thing
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 10:57 PM

Bulletin number is PI 0960 , which only apples to 2011 model year , hopefully that helps most of you
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 08:14 AM

I'm taking my car in Saturday morning, hopefully they lookup the TSB and fix this issue, instead of looking at me like I'm crazy

Bryan Wilmoth
2011 Regal CXL Turbo
Trifecta Tune
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 01:20 PM

Hi bpwilmoth!

Please keep me posted on your dealership visit. I would be happy to assist further if needed. You are welcome to send a private message with your full contact information, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of involved dealership. Thank you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwilmoth View Post
I'm taking my car in Saturday morning, hopefully they lookup the TSB and fix this issue, instead of looking at me like I'm crazy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page