A/C belt noise - Page 2 - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick Customer Service View Post
Hi 737Mark,

Please keep us posted on the A/C. Let us know if you need further assistance!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Had more than just a belt issue causing some squeaking / squirrel noise. Turned out to be a valve/cam issue. The dealer replaced some parts and I have not heard it since.

Although I have more than 3 instances of an uncommanded braking issue after the car has sat a day or more with the parking brake set. Of the 2 times its been to the dealer, they couldn't duplicate the issue so nothing was done. My understanding is that the regular brakes nor the parking brake system were checked to see if a set of brakes could be sticking. If the dealer can't fix it after a 3rd time, it looks like I'll be SOL. Maybe I'll send a note to the NTSB so I can cover my side if something happens.

Sad that if a dealer can't duplicate the problem, no trouble shooting is done. No wonder the ignition key issue lasted as long as it did.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 07:42 PM

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry to hear that your dealership was unable to duplicate your concern. We'd be happy to take a closer look into this and reach out to your dealership. Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, mileage and involved dealership. We hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

Andraya (assisting Jessica)
Buick Customer Care

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 08:30 AM

Same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman1970 View Post
Looks like my 2012 Regal Turbo Premium 1 is starting to experience this at 12,000 miles. I have had at least four instances recently when I first back out of my parking spot in the morning where I here a high-pitched belt squeal and can feel some associated wobbling/vibrating coming into the cabin. It disappears after going into drive. I was going to wait until June to do it with the oil change/ state inspection but may make the appointment sooner. It only happens after the car is completely cold going into Reverse the first time. Weird.
Did you ever have this fixed? I just bought my 2012 premium used with only 18,000 miles on it. It has the same issue.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlite3009 View Post
Did you ever have this fixed? I just bought my 2012 premium used with only 18,000 miles on it. It has the same issue.
Hello, Hyperlite3009.

Had my vehicle serviced today at Ourisman Chevrolet/Buick/GMC in Alexandria, VA. I described my issue to the service agent. "Customer states when accelerating in reverse there is a loud squeaking noise when A/C is on after car has been driven." They did experience it and replaced the Belt 12653318 and Tensioner 12605175 under Warranty with no charge. 13,096 miles on my Regal right now.

Waited until I needed VA State Inspection, VA Emissions test, Oil Change, and Tire Rotation services done as well.

Dealt with five humans. Service Agent, Parts Counter, Cashier, Customer Service Rep (talked about upcoming survey), and the Person that drove my car up. All courteous and professional.

Bought a Buick Baseball Hat and a bottle of touch up paint while I was there. They now have a well stocked merchandise display that you can buy on the spot. Very nice touch. Lots of other AC Delco products as well for sale.

Hope this model is what is most GM Service Centers are going to move to. Great experience.

Last edited by Hitman1970; 06-13-2014 at 09:23 PM.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 08:49 PM

Hi Hyperlite3009,

I’m sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are currently experiencing with your vehicle. Feel free to send us a private message referencing your concern and we will be glad to take a further look into this for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.
Buick Customer Care

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 12:13 AM

Angry

Last year we started hearing squealing noises with our 2011 Buick Regal when we backed it out of the garage. We took it to the local Buick dealer several times and they were unable to hear the noise or figure the problem out. This was only occurring when the air conditioner was on and we were backing up or taking off. When they couldn't find the problem I offered to show the mechanic. The mechanic got in the car with me and I turned the air on and he finally heard the noise. He said he thought it was just the air-conditioning lines making the noise and I didn't need to worry about it. I explained to him that my warranty was about up and I wanted it fixed before it expired. The mechanic advised that it was well documented and it would be taken care of if it got any worse. We didn't have any problems over the winter due to the fact that we live in Ohio and we don't use our A/C. In May we started using our A/C again and the problem got worse. We made a morning appointment at our local dealer and dropped our car off. The dealer advised they would call us after they checked the car out. Around 4:30 pm we hadn't received a call so I called the dealer. The person that answered the phone said he would check with the mechanic. I wasn't put on hold and could hear the mechanic say he didn't have any help and it was a two man job. I was told that he hadn't finished the job and I made arrangements for my wife to be picked up at work and driven home by a family member. The next day we called the dealer and they didn't know where our keys were. The mechanic that was working on our car was off work for the day. I drove to the dealership to get some answers. Once I arrived they found the keys and got to work on my car. An experienced mechanic found the problem and they ordered the part on 06/13/2014. They advised the part would be in on Monday and they would call us when it arrived. They also said the problem was documented several times while under warranty but would not be covered due to mileage and the time frame between complaints. They did offer to knock $40 off of the $250 estimate. A week went by and no one called so my wife called and asked to speak with the employee that was suppose to call us. She was transferred to someone that apparently didn't realize a customer was on the phone due to the cursing. My wife said hello and the cursing stopped. The employee said hello and quickly hung up. My wife called back again and got a different employee and explained what happened. The employee apologized and said they had ordered the wrong part. She was assured that the new part was ordered and if she didn't hear anything by 6/24 to call back and that employee would take care of her. On 6/24 she called back and left a message for the employee to call her back. Guess what no phone call. I am done with Glockner's and will never use them again.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 12:19 AM

Here I am almost two years later at 24,900 miles on my Regal and the beginnings of the belt/tensioner problem are back. Had a good amount of vibrating and screech going into reverse today. Will have my new local dealer look at it during next oil change. Have an extended warranted for another 18 months. Wonder how much this would cost out of warranty.

Last edited by Hitman1970; 04-24-2016 at 09:23 AM.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 04:15 PM

Mine's screaming loudly enough that I'm going to have to go in for the 2nd one. 66k on my 2011 turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page