Engine Failure - Page 2 - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2018, 02:59 AM

Good Post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 11:21 AM

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have a 2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo 2.0 L with just over 46,000 miles. The other day the car stalled at a light and would not start. No warning. I was just informed that there is no compression in cylinders 1, 3, & 4 and most likely the timing chain plus other parts will need to be replaced. It is currently at a local dealer and I am waiting for full diagnosis. I was told this is outside of warranty. I am sorry but how can a vehicle with 46k miles have a timing chain failure and not be covered under warranty since I am outside of the time period. I saw that there is an extended warranty for timing chains on the 2.4 L but has anyone else experience this on a 2.0L Turbo with so few miles. I am not happy with GM or Buick to be told this expensive repair which has been estimated to be in the $1000's will not be covered at all.

Should I be calling someone at GM?
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 08:52 PM

I’ve had my 2011 Buick Regal CXL turbo for two years now. Have had several issues, new throttle body, heated seats failure, fuel injector 4 blew, catalytic converters due to the injector issue, suspension service required appears randomly but never replicated, etc! Today I was parking at the grocery store and the car just stalled out and died as I parked. I almost hit the car next to me and curb. It has felt a little rough at times in idle. I have 80k on the car and 20k left on the warranty. I love this car but I’m not sure if I want to risk my life or my family with an engine stall. My third Buick and I’m considering a change. We will see what the dealer says on Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in