Transmission hesitation - Page 2 - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 10:43 PM

This transmission hesitation is on every buick regal forum. I have had the same issue with my 2011 regal. You press the gas to go and it feels like when a rollercoaster breaks entering the station jerky. I hope my transmission dont fail my car only has 41000 miles now but I have seen the problem at 30k. It's going back to the shop in coulpe days for other non related issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 03:11 PM

New to the Regal community and loving the car thus far. 2012, 2.4. 30K miles.

Reading through the transmission issues, mine sounds similar, but is more prominent from 2nd to 3rd....

There is a very noticeable "lag" when the car goes from 2nd to 3rd. It is not overly jerky, but you do feel the car hesitate to an extent and then catch. As soon as the car does hit 3rd however, there is a "surge" in power once it initially hits 3rd, almost as if it is making up for the lost time on the shift! Again, not that is is jerky, but it is "lagged"

Also, where in the heck is the dipstick to check the automatic tranny fluid??? There looks to be a cap it could be under off the the right hand side of the engine on top of the tranny, but was not sure if I should open?

Best,

-Jordan
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 01:09 AM

I am new to the forum, was actually looking for normal readings on O2 sensors, but came across this and felt I had to post. I bought my wife this car in 2010-11 when they were brand new because I am an idiot. I didn't test drive it, and my first time driving it I thought there was something wrong with it. It has NO power, and often hesitates in traffic, especially in stop and go situations. I took it in and was told that the car was just under powered. Yep. just not enough power. If there has been a fix for this problem that would be great. I hate driving this car and in Dallas I am often in traffic where it acts up the most. eventually i would like to put the turbo'ed 2.8 v6 its european sister has. maybe somewhere on this site someone already has. I look forward to seeing all the info this site has to offer!

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 05:39 PM

Transmission slips

Ive noticed that many of us are having the same issue with the throttle. Ive experienced loss of power while slowing down thru traffic, as soon as i hit the accelerator to get up to speed their is a 3-8 second delay. ive tooken my car in 3 times for the loss of power but dealer never finds nothing wrong with it. I received a letter from GM 4 months ago in regards a throttle sensor going out that may cause this issue but have been unable to duplicate it when they are test driving it.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 09:52 PM

Just bought a 2011 CXL 2.4 and I'm having the same issue. Car drove fine on the test drive but now the transmission is all over the place. Not sure if I should being it to the dealer or just live with it since it seems like something that's pretty prominent on the 2011's... Love the car but the transmission acting up like this may be enough for me to just demand a different car...
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 10:33 AM

2011 Transmission Issues

Rodeo 57

I know your transmission issue was four years ago, but was it repaired properly by the dealer? I have a 2011 Regal that will go into reverse, but no forward gear, and it happened without warning. I parked it in the garage and when my son went to use it 30 minutes later, it would not go into a forward gear. The car has 95,000 miles and was serviced regularly. I was wondering if GM covered any of the expense or if you have heard of others with a similar transmission issue.

Thank you,
Steve
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 02:09 PM

I am new to the forum and just bought a 2011 Regal CXL with 35k miles on it. I just had the brake pedal assembly replaced to resolve the "sticking brake pedal problem" and am now looking for some guidance and addressing the hesitation/jerking problem at low speeds 10-30MPH) that is referenced in this thread. After reading these posts, it seems that there is no single "fix" for this as there are multiple suggestions on the cause. It would be great if fellow Regal owners who had this problem, and had it fixed, could specifically mention how they solved it. I am concerned that this is going to result in a much larger transmission problem in the future if it is not solved for now. Thank you in advance.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 03:49 PM

Yes, mine has resulted in greater transmission problems. First trip to shop I could not shift into drive. They had to reprogram the break pedal they said. Now the transmission started slipping from first to second. Then it would not shift out of first or into reverse. It's been at Certified Buick Dealer 2 weeks today!! I hope I get it back soon. I let you guys know what was the issue!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page