2013 Buick Regal GS - Did I get a lemon? - Page 2 - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 05:47 PM

just ran across this old post, I have a 2013 gs with only 7000 miles and I have the same hesitation or surging when accelerating. Its seems intermittent but had it at the dealer and they found nothing? What if anything did you find out on this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 01:17 PM

Bigbadnumber3, any updates?
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 06:22 PM

I bought my 2013 Regal in December. Service history shows me that the belt squeal issue common on the early turbos was fixed (There is a TSB from GM about the tensioner not having enough tension and the belt gets replaced along with it) and that my rear trunk latch was replaced. (Another TSB) The RR Wheel bearing was also replaced. On the bright side, the bearing and sensor is extremly inexpensive and easy to replace once these are out of warranty. It's like a 1/2 hour job.

Anyways, shortly after I bought it, the check engine light came on. I had noticed some hesitation in the past, so the dealer replaced the FlexFuel/Octane sensor. It ran WAY better. Shifts were better, power was better, everything was better. I had codes for everything but that sensor, including both MAP sensors an o2, and the MAF sensor. Dealer said this was a common issue and I said this is why Flexfuel is dumb.... (Ethanol holds water, thus the need for that sensor.)

Either way, this might help someone out there who's looking into one of these or is having issues. I love the car overall.

Last edited by tytotheler92; 01-25-2016 at 06:27 PM.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 12:49 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldllama View Post
just ran across this old post, I have a 2013 gs with only 7000 miles and I have the same hesitation or surging when accelerating. Its seems intermittent but had it at the dealer and they found nothing? What if anything did you find out on this issue?
I have a 2013 GS also. I'm now at 40,000 miles and I was having a lot of hesitation when the car was cold. I also had a strange squeaking/rattling noise when I would put the car in reverse when it was warmed up. Believe it or not, both items appear to be related. The dealer determined that I had a problem with the belt tensioner and when they fixed that (along with a new belt) the acceleration issues went away. The dealer said that the computer was seeing inconsistent speeds on some of the pulleys which caused it to retard the engine's performance. Hopefully this is a permanent fix!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 06:47 PM

Same issue

My wife's 2011 Buick has stalled out twice now and one time it was on the interstate at 65 mph. She had no throttle response, lucky she was able to coast it to the shoulder where she shut it off and restarted it and it ran fine for three days and did it again today. It is not throwing any codes and I was told the dealership mechanics cant do anything unless it happens while they are test driving it. GM is starting to lose me as a loyal customer quickly.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 03:30 PM

Unfortunately the inconsistent acceleration is back

When I'm driving at a lower speed and accelerate quickly, 1 or 2 gear kick down, I notice that there is a lot of power oscillation, not a good clean upward power curve. It's almost like it's hitting a rev limiter, but not quite that harsh. I'm beginning to wonder if it might be a fuel delivery problem.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzomatic View Post
Unfortunately the inconsistent acceleration is back

When I'm driving at a lower speed and accelerate quickly, 1 or 2 gear kick down, I notice that there is a lot of power oscillation, not a good clean upward power curve. It's almost like it's hitting a rev limiter, but not quite that harsh. I'm beginning to wonder if it might be a fuel delivery problem.

So I think I have your problem. did you ever find a solution to this? the dealer has replaced the following
Turbo
Turbo intercooler
Turbo Inlet Hoses
Cam Phasers
Fuel injectors
Stage one Kit
ECM
Mass Air Flow Sensor
Vacuum pump
Vacuum Tank
a host of other attempts to repair it

The problem is worse with the Stage One Kit

Their final solution was to remove the Calibration and leave the Stage Kit. The car is getting the following codes

P1101 Intake Air Performance
P0101 Mass Air Flow Circuit A

and Since I got it back
U0073
U0101
U0100
U0422
and a couple of others all being CAN-Bus Communication Failures.

The Manufacture is basically disclaiming the issues and literally telling me that the car is normal and this is how it is suppose to be.

I have spoken to everyone from insiders that I am acquainted with, The man who released the GM performance parts Stage One Kit, The District rep for Jacksonville Tim Dobbs, The Regional Rep David Fortunato, The liaison to The Executive department Quentin..... Every single one of them pushes it off and to the next person above or below and blames everyone else.

Hilton Head Buick GM kicked me out after the 5th attempt of repair, Critz Buick GMC kicked me out telling me they can't fix my car.

I'm done.... They can keep it. I only have 28k and I bought this in November of 2015. The car has been in and out of the shop for a total of 8 months of being there in 11 months.

They have also replaced
Right front axles
Both rear wheel bearings
Right rear window quarter
Seat Frame
Repaired Lumbar
Belt Tensioner

And Critz Buick caused a ton of damage to my car. what a joke....
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 01:43 PM

Just purchased my 2011 Buick Regal in July 42 thousand miles on it.. I just had the oil changed at 48k miles.. This morning went outside to warm my car up it was like 50 degrees outside.Started my car up went back inside on the bear a loud tapping noise coming from under the hood of the car..
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 01:46 PM

Hear a loud tapping noise from under the hood
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 12:06 PM

j3squared, Sell it asap! These cars are the biggest junk on the road trust me. Look back at my problems on this post and I have far less mileage than you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page