Buick Regal trunk opening on its own - Page 2 - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

I had a new thought on this matter of the trunk opening on its own. The best solution would of course be to figure out why it happens and correct it. If this continues to be too difficult for the engineers to fathom - and the problem is in fact being seen in many vehicles, here is another idea. I noticed while out for a walk today that many vehicles still have keyholes in their trunks, and not just ancient model vehicles. What could be done is add a trunk keyhole for new vehicles with a manual locking mechanism. It would operate like a secondary deadbolt on the door of a house - totally optional. If the person wanted to engage it, he would have to manually turn the key in the trunk keyhole - same as like engaging a deadbolt for the house, and reverse the process to unlock it. Leave the trunk electronics totally alone. For those who don't have the trunk lifting on its own problem, they could use the trunk exactly as they do now. This extra lock could also serve, like a house deadbolt, as an extra security measure in general or maybe for valet parking, for example, if you didn't want to give access to the trunk, when handing over the RKE transmitter. When engaged, the trunk would be unable to lift at all - problem solved - very simply and inexpensively. Currently, in my Regals, there is no method to unlock the trunk other than electronic or crawling into the trunk from inside the car, after lowering the back seat and pulling the emergency trunk escape handle.

Last edited by jlc8404; 05-25-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 04:48 PM

I have a 2012 Buick Regal GS & just started having this same problem with my car/trunk. And NO I am not accidentally pushing the button & I have witnesses

SO FAR, if I lock my car from the outside by pushing the lock button on my remote twice, it stays closed. However, I never lock my car at work or at home so its hard for me to remember to do this now and am afraid I will end up with rain or snow in my trunk one of these days. Not to mention, I shouldn't have to remember to lock it, the trunk should not open unless I open it.

I made an appointment with the local GM dealer for next week. Hopefully they'll have experience with this now that its 2015. But after reading this thread, not holding my breath.

I have a feeling a lot of these people assuming they're accidentally pushing the trunk release on the remote are mistaken.

Have loved everything about this car until now. Hopefully it is not a sign of electrical failures to come.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 12:07 PM

I purchased a 2011 Regal the end of last year. I have been so frustrated by coming out of a store and my trunk is open, or coming out of the house and it is open. Today was the last straw. Apparently it was open all night as it was wet inside from rain. I just assumed that the remote had a hair trigger and was going to surf the web today to see if there was a way to disable the remote only for the trunk. Even though there are times I have to press the remote a couple of time when I actually want it to open. I am glad to see I am not crazy. How do we go about putting it into double push more or two second mode?

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 05:33 AM

Any fix on this issue yet my 2016 Verano doing the same thing, trunk opens randomly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page