Don't cheap out on your windsheild washer fluid.... - Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Don't cheap out on your windsheild washer fluid....

The guys over at Autoguide.com recently reported on an article regarding a study about contracting Legionnaires disease. According to the study you are 20% more likely to contract the sometimes fatal disease if you use water instead of premium windshield washer fluid. The water is a more likely agent to house the virus according to the study. Click the link for the full article.

Stagnant Windshield-Washer Water Could Lead to a Fatal Disease | AutoGuide.com News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 07:21 AM

Wow. That's very nice to know. I personally wouldn't worry since I only use premium windshield washer fluid in my car.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 08:33 PM

It's very important, at least sometimes, to handle the steering wheel and dashboard with antiseptics, it's also important to ventilate the car, clean the air conditioner and make sure that there is no mildew in the cabin under the rugs.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 10:18 PM

Legionnaires disease can be cured and this disease is no more dangerous than the flu. Also, the chance of getting them is pretty small. You can read on this portal CanadianPharmacy.com more about which pills are used to treat this disease. I think you should take care of your health, but hypochondria is a more serious disease than Legionnaires disease.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page