Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the car just up n died at the intersection today...got it home after pushing it off to the side. EVERYTHIGN cluster, signals everything is just flashing on/off/on/off and when i try to start it, it starts/dies/starts/dies in timing with the flickering....i can hear a relay under the drivers kick panel going on/off. When i pull the signal light switch back everything works and car starts fine...when i let go it dies and goes back to the on.off/on/off thing....and when i pull the light nob on its fine runs n drives....but as soon as ai signal it dies....SO i replaced my multifunction switch and still same thing....i then unplugged the high beam switch and the car wont even start untill its plugged back in....so i plugged it all back in and then pulled down the BCM "i presume" under the dash and when i disconnect one of the 4 connectors the purple one everything goes back to normal but i got engine light, abs light and esp light on and none of my controls for the windows n locks work....so i assume my BCM is fucked? anyone else have this issue?

· Registered
10 Posts
A few months ago my 99 would randomly cut off when I used the left turn signal, but not every time. Also, sometimes the starter would hesitate when I turned the key to "start", but, again, not every time.

I knew the multi-switch was questionable because the cruise control would disengage sometimes when I used the right signal, but, again, not every time.

I replaced both switches and all of the problems went away.

But I think your problem is a bad ground somewhere under the dash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts