Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

New to the forums here, but have been reading since I got my Regal TIII. The car is a 2012, with 65,000 miles on it.

In the last 6-8 weeks, I've had to have a new new fuel injector installed, and then a return trip, not long after, to have a new high pressure fuel pump. I questioned whether or not these things should be going on, with this low of mileage, but didn't figure there was much I could do. Before that, I had been in for the cam shaft actuator and camshaft position sensor TWICE. Both times, they just replaced ONE solenoid (whichever was throwing the code I assume), and the shop receipt says that that's a partial replacement for whatever the real issue is. I'm guessing that the actual actuators should've been replaced, but I'm not a mechanic (albeit, inclined) so have no real say.

Then I learned the car's power train warranty was only up on 8/31/2017, and again, just bit the bullet and didn't figure there was anything to be pursued. $3k in repairs sucks, but knew I could move past it, if that's all it was going to need for a little while.

Then, just a couple of days ago, I was driving my 3 year old to day care on my way to work, and the car died, all together. The electronics stayed working, but the engine just went dead. No check engine lights, no funny noises or actions, just a dead power train. The middle of February in MN is pretty cold.. If I recall, it was -1 F* at that time of the morning. The tow truck was going to take a half hour to get there, but the only luck that hit me that day, was that the car had died about 4 blocks from my parents house, which is on the way to the daycare, so I bundled up my daughter, and booked it to their place.

I got the call yesterday that the car needs a new engine.. 4.5 months past the warranty exp day, and 35k miles UNDER the warranty mileage range, and I need a new engine?

I plan on contacting Buick in hopes of some form of help with it. If they tell me that the warranty terms are cut and dry, and the date / mileage are what they are, then then the car is just going to have to sit, since I didn't exactly budget for $10k in car repairs this year, but honestly, mileage is what wears a vehicle down, not years (in terms of mechanical components, for the most part anyways), and I don't think an engine should be failing at 65K miles, and hope that some kind of goodwill repair can be done about the 4.5 month portion. I was considering upgrading to a GS before all this, but am kinda second guessing that decision at this point... lol

I haven't been able to find a whole ton on the subject of the 2.0T engines going out, but maybe someone out there has something to offer on the matter? Hopefully not too many others with this experience?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, seems like a lot of problems with the car, i just bought my 2012 2.0 T yesterday for 6.3k no issues on the engine so far. but im excited and nervous about this. Can really not help with this since im new on the regal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts