Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just noticed today my gs is getting a little warm, hooked up a obd reader n it said it was sitting at 100c lil high IMO...then i noticed the rad fans dont turn on...i checked the fuses under the hood and they seem to be all good. i got a good ground at the harness between the two rads. also my horn dont work apparently.

poking around i noticed that on the rad on theside below the trans cooler pipe is a grey thinggy.....there nothgin plugged into it....anyoneknow what this is and is it suppose to be connected to something? car is a 2001 regal gs supercahrged

Automotive lighting Street light Flash photography Automotive design Darkness

·
Registered
9 Posts
IIRC, that's the coolant level sensor. Not related to fans not working.

Check the fusebox under the hood for a cooling fan relay. Swap it for another relay that has the same part number and see if your fans work. If they do, put the relays back in their original places and buy a new relay for the cooling fans.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Additionally(to checking the relay), find the electrical connection for the fans, unplug them, look for corrosion and is needed, clean them, plug then back in.
If the fans have their own sensor to turn them on, check that connection as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts