Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying a Regal LS 2002 tomorrow, has 91k miles and paying $2,500. Will be the third owner. Current owner is getting on in years and her daughter is looking at selling it as they no longer needed it. And expressed that they are just wanting to be rid of it, costing them money for storage space.

Looked it over and drove it today, drove well and looked alright for body. Only concern I might have is some rust right under both front doors, think it's the rockers? Engine compartment was spotless more or less for a 2002 car in my book.

Worth a buy or did I screw myself with the rust problem on what I think are the rockers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Surface rust or rust-through? Where did this car spend most of its life?

I ask because my '99 was purchased and spent most of its life in central Ohio. One of the first things I had to replace was the A/C condenser that had corroded and had a massive leak. Shortly after that, the brake lines ruptured because of rust. Last year the front roll bar mount on the driver's side broke in two, again because of rust. It has gotten to the point that I now weigh the expense of any repair against the likelihood that the body might break in two in the not-so-distant future.

Most mechanical systems on the Regal can be repaired or replaced, but rust repair can be cost-prohibitive.

Good thing I didn't actually pay anything for the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts