Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early 2012, I purchased a 2011 Buick Regal, brand new off the lot. Initially, I never had any major problems and really liked my car. So, the later part of 2014 my driver side head light went out. What I thought was just a HID light replacement, since all of the other lights in the assembly worked properly, turned into an electrical problem where I had to replace the entire headlamp assembly for $1500! My warranty had just expired and the Buick dealership had no answers as to why this had happened.
Then, at the end of 2015 the passenger side HID headlight did the same. I was skeptical about taking it back to the Buick dealership because I was not sure if they were getting over on me by having me pay for an assembly instead of a headlight, so I purchased an $100 HID headlight and took it to a mom and pop shop. The light did not work. At that moment I knew that I was about to be out of another $1500 for yet another headlamp assembly. I finally saved up enough money to have the second headlamp assembly replaced at the Buick dealership in February of 2016. At this point I'm thinking that I have replaced both light assembly's so I should be good to go. But NO! Just last month- August 2016 the driver side went out again!!!! I took it to a dealership in another state because I am in the military and have moved since having the passenger side replaced in February and the service representative is telling me the exact same thing "We don't know what is causing your light issues but you need to replace the entire headlamp assembly and ballast this time for $1800".

The actual assembley can ONLY be purchased from the Buick dealership and comes with a 1 year warranty. I even thought about having my lights converted over to standard lights but the serviceman told me that it would void out my 100,000 mile warranty. I have been taking my car to the Buick "experts" and they still cannot pinpoint or properly repair what is making my lights blow. I am receiving sub par service in the form of quick fixes and problem patches instead of solutions from the very people who make, sell and repair these cars! Out of frustration, I decided to call General Motors. Initially I felt relieved, as I explained what had been happening...I was assigned a Senior Advisor at GM, however she is never available and does not return calls or emails. At this point I believe that Buick/GMC is aware but unconcerned with the electrical issues with the 2011 Buicks and there should be a recall.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts