Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum but checked and it didn't seem anyone else had this problem. I bought the 2011 Regal CXL new and until two days ago the sound system worked perfectly. Then, all of a sudden, it is filled with distortion in the radio, CD Player, and phone system. I have no idea whether it is a bad fuse, a breakdown in the amplifier, or what that is causing it. Any advice? Do you know, if it needs to go to the dealer, what a fix might cost? Any wisdom welcome! bob

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Bob,

I had an issue with my stereo for a while when I bought my car (it had 4000 miles when I purchased it). I would have distortion coming from the left drivers door speaker. They replaced the speaker then the distortion came back after a bit, they replaced the wiring harness but eventually the distortion came back. They then replaced the amplifier because the sound level would fluctuate and that fixed that but the distortion hadn't gone away. Finally they replaced the head unit and that fixed the issue. To give you an example of the distortion, the speaker would cut in and out almost like the wire wasn't attached all the way to the speaker and it would cut out. If I would turn the radio up the speaker would turn on and not cut out but at lower levels it would be distorted and at times not play at all. I hope that helps.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts