Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Buick Regal Turbo, has started having problems with the driver's side heated seat. It will turn on and heat for 1 minute and 13 seconds (on high), then it will shut off automatically. I press the button again, and it will heat for 1 minute and 13 seconds, and then automatically shut off AGAIN. :mad:
Any suggestions?
Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Sillemik68,

This sounds frustrating, and I am sorry to hear you are experiencing the issue. Have you had the vehicle diagnosed at your local dealership? If not, I would be happy to arrange an appointment for you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

My 2011 Buick Regal Turbo, has started having problems with the driver's side heated seat. It will turn on and heat for 1 minute and 13 seconds (on high), then it will shut off automatically. I press the button again, and it will heat for 1 minute and 13 seconds, and then automatically shut off AGAIN. :mad:
Any suggestions?
Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same exact problem. Took it to the dealer and they replaced a faulty module. all under warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sillemik68,

This sounds frustrating, and I am sorry to hear you are experiencing the issue. Have you had the vehicle diagnosed at your local dealership? If not, I would be happy to arrange an appointment for you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care
I dropped it off at the dealer this afternoon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, great! Please keep me posted on the diagnosis.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care
They said the element had a short, so they replaced the element.
I then got a call 2 hrs later and they said the module was bad too. They didn't have the module, so they kept the car overnight.
He wouldn't offer me a loaner car either. (which i thought was GM's policy, if a warrantied repair was more than one day?) :confused:
They replaced the module today and it's repaired.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the exact same issue. Repaired under warranty. I understand this is a pretty common problem with the 2011 model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a 2011 and noticed the same exact thing. Never having heated seats before, I wondered if that was all the time I was supposed to get. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello Sillemik68,

I truly apologize for my delay in responding to your update! I am happy to hear the vehicle has been repaired. Please let me know if you ever have further questions or concerns. Thank you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

They said the element had a short, so they replaced the element.
I then got a call 2 hrs later and they said the module was bad too. They didn't have the module, so they kept the car overnight.
He wouldn't offer me a loaner car either. (which i thought was GM's policy, if a warrantied repair was more than one day?) :confused:
They replaced the module today and it's repaired.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having the same problem with my 2011, and we had the coldest winter in recorded history this year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2011 too. No problem yet, but I'm glad I got an extended bumper to bumper warranty. Glad that Your problems will all be solved. Must be those German parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2011 seat heater issue

I had the same issue with the drivers seat heater stopping working. Took it to the dealers and they replace the module. That was about a year ago and just last week it stopped working again. Well back to the dealer.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Miked822,

So sorry to hear this. The dealership is in the best position to offer technical advice; however, we are happy to assist in contacting them on your behalf if the concern remains unresolved. Please keep us posted!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

I had the same issue with the drivers seat heater stopping working. Took it to the dealers and they replace the module. That was about a year ago and just last week it stopped working again. Well back to the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am having this exact issue with my driver side. Unfornately my bumper to bumper warranty is expired. Since this seems to be a very common issue is this something that the dealership will replace at no part costs? Winter is coming and I do not have the extra funds to fix it after paying over five hundred to get the squeeling noise gone from the bent "rock guard" by the tire!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the same issue with the driver side seat, and it seems that I'm not alone. It doesn't seems to be affecting the passenger side yet. I'll be calling the dealer in the morning. I appreciate this site to help settle my mind that something really is a problem and not just my problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2011 Buick Regal driver side heated seat. Unfortunately, my vehicle is out of warranty. Since this is obviously a very common problem based on the number of people experiencing the same issue in this forum, is there a recall issued for this defect? If not, will this repair taken care of at no charge?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a 2011 Regal with a junk driver heated seat. What's the deal here? I think if it is a common problem, Buick should be fixing this at no cost to the consumer....

·
Registered
157 Posts
I also have a 2011 Regal with a junk driver heated seat. What's the deal here? I think if it is a common problem, Buick should be fixing this at no cost to the consumer....
Hi jeannes2boys,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your driver’s side heated seat. I was able to reply to your post on another thread concerning your check engine light. You are still most welcome to send us a private message detailing your concerns; as I would be more than happy to look into this for you and get in touch with your dealership. Again, should you seek our assistance, please be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, full contact info and the name of your preferred local dealer. As always, please don’t hesitate if you have any questions!

Best,

Shane M.
Buick Customer Care

1 - 20 of 41 Posts