Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mother-in-law owns this car and it hadn't been driven in about six months since she can't drive anymore. When my wife drove it to our house smoke was pouring out of the front of the car. We took it to a shop and they replaced the rotors and pads, checked the calipers and greased the slides. The brakes worked fine when we brought it home and then it has sat for another four months. My wife went up the street with it and smoke appeared again so she came right back. It has been sitting for a couple of days so today I jacked up the drivers side front wheel and it spun freely. I started the car, applied the brakes and then tried to move the wheel. It was locked up tight. I noticed the brake pedal was still down low to the floor so I pulled it back with my hand and the brakes released. I tried pushing down the brake pedal, checking the wheel for free movement and it was locked again. I pulled back the brake pedal by hand again and the wheel spun. I did this several more times with the same results. Does this sound like an issue with the master cylinder or booster? I would think if the flexible hose had collapsed that you won't be able to release the brakes just by pulling back on the pedal. Thanks in advance for help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts