Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a trans fluid change at independent shop, it was noted that the engine sounded noisy. Found the oil level down 1.5 qts. 5k miles driven. no sign of oil leak.

Went back to dealer who performed last oil change. Asked if the oil level is checked prior to doing the oil change. No answer. Was told I needed an oil consumption test. Dealer changed oil (still under free oil change option). Was told that anything over 2k miles per qt. was reasonable and acceptable. Was told that they would refill oil between changes. Dealer insists that oil wear indicator be below 20% before they will change it. Asked if it was possible that the oil reservoir was not filled completely during the last change. No answer
Right now I'm using 1 qt every 3,500 miles. Will need to monitor it further. Seems like a high consumption rate for the oil.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in the same boat since I bought it at 30k miles. Ii needs at least a quart in between oil changes! That's crazy. I can't wait to get rid of this car next year!

·
Registered
1 Posts
During a trans fluid change at independent shop, it was noted that the engine sounded noisy. Found the oil level down 1.5 qts. 5k miles driven. no sign of oil leak.

Went back to dealer who performed last oil change. Asked if the oil level is checked prior to doing the oil change. No answer. Was told I needed an oil consumption test. Dealer changed oil (still under free oil change option). Was told that anything over 2k miles per qt. was reasonable and acceptable. Was told that they would refill oil between changes. Dealer insists that oil wear indicator be below 20% before they will change it. Asked if it was possible that the oil reservoir was not filled completely during the last change. No answer
Right now I'm using 1 qt every 3,500 miles. Will need to monitor it further. Seems like a high consumption rate for the oil.
my 2011 Buick Regal CXL has used 2 quarts since my last oil change less than 3,000 miles ago...ugh. Trying to find the article I found about problems in the 2010-2012 Buick Regals regarding oil consumption.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts