Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing lots of praises about how good the interior is on the 2011 Regal. Given that its essentially a german car, does it look and feel like a german luxury car inside. Also there's obviously somethings that you wont like about the interior. What are those things?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had my Regal for a month now. I have the black interior, compared to the competition the finish is more solid and very well built, the silver inside and soft plastic gives it a modern look that I like instead of the fake wood, the front seat are a little bigger than the competition but for me they are comfy and look great. The light blue light at night is also cool, and goes well with the black. I don't fiddle much with the controls, but everything seems intuitive and has ease of access and again is solid.

For what I don't like, I am honeslty not sure yet. I don' t think anything in its class and price range compares from what I saw and test drove that includes the Altima, Mazda 6, Sonata, Malibu and the TSX. I don't expect more than that for the price, as the BMW, Audi, and Lexus top models with leather cost way more.

I also tinted my car and have new TSW Nurburgring wheels installed if anyone would like to see I could post some pics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have owned my 2011 Regal, stone with cocoa/cashmere, for just over two months with just over 3,000 km on it. In my opinion the interior is of excellent quality considering the class of the car. The only very minor assembly glitch is the driver side instrument panel does not line up perfectly with the door trim, protrudes about 1/8 inch. The passenger side is perfect. Rear seat room is somewhat restricted; however, I rarely have any rear seat passengers so it does not affect me very much.

Overall the car is excellent and I would buy it again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had my Regal for a month now. I have the black interior, compared to the competition the finish is more solid and very well built, the silver inside and soft plastic gives it a modern look that I like instead of the fake wood, the front seat are a little bigger than the competition but for me they are comfy and look great. The light blue light at night is also cool, and goes well with the black. I don't fiddle much with the controls, but everything seems intuitive and has ease of access and again is solid.

For what I don't like, I am honeslty not sure yet. I don' t think anything in its class and price range compares from what I saw and test drove that includes the Altima, Mazda 6, Sonata, Malibu and the TSX. I don't expect more than that for the price, as the BMW, Audi, and Lexus top models with leather cost way more.

I also tinted my car and have new TSW Nurburgring wheels installed if anyone would like to see I could post some pics.
I'd love to see the wheels!

I am finding that the interior is too small for me the more I drive it. My daughter who is 4 keeps telling me the car is too small for her and I should get a different demo. I am fine in the front (6'5), but for a family guy who does seat the youngin' in the back there is no room for anyone behind me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely post up pics of your Regal. We always like seeing them. Post pics of the interior too if you could.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agreed. Looks great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I enjoy the interior a lot, especially coming from my g6 which was filled with hard plastics. However, the one thing that bothers me is that the rear seat grip handles lack the metal trim that the front ones have. I hate that they're just plain black plastic and it does not make sense, its something that seems like it was overlooked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree aswell with the handle grips. The chrome shifter piece too is blinding at times an option ivwish they had was memory seats!

·
Registered
14 Posts
There you go!

Floyd, Nice looking regal man! I've tinted mine as well and I think it looks badass!

Here is a few pics of mine. It is a turbo with all the bells and whistles but the nav system.

Car Pic (1).JPG

Car Pic (2).JPG

Car Pic (3).JPG

Car Pic.JPG

Those are my Winter tires and Winter rims BTW, I've got the 19's at home but I live in Canada and the all season V-rated tires just don't cut it up here with the snow we get.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Really like the interior so far but I've only owned it for a couple of weeks. Quality and materials seem to be number one for me. Black on black gets dirty petty quick and scuffs pretty easy but its worth it, looks great when cleaned up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 3K mi on a 2011 Turbo with the T07 package (Russelsheim)-sunroof, Harmon Kardin audio, 19" wheels, Nav etc.....I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of the interior. This vehicle was originally intended to be the 2012 Saturn Aura and I half expected the interior would be tailored to Saturn demographics (ie: price points). i think Opel or Buick had some quality input into the final product. Sound System is excellent and the user controls are great too. I am now in the habit of using the driving control wheel to switch audio inputs, Nav, etc. The Manual shift is a lot of fun and allows me to get the most out of the Turbo 4 cyl. but I occasionally hit the driver control wheel while shifting ? The sound system has a 10Gb HDD - it took a while to get music loaded thru the USB port and it takes forever to add items to a playlist (favorites). The center council/under armrest is a little small and there is no place to stash loose change. No Homelink system (garage door opener) like other GM's I've owned. Not a big fan of the oversized (map ?) pull out/drop down compartment on the driver side. The quality of the interior materials is very nice and I am impressed with the cabin design. I have the Cocoa/Cashmere with wood trims. I am 6'-2" and there is plenty of room in the cabin. Seats are comfy and support your body well. Lots of other cool features like the flash to pass and tap to change lanes on the turn signal arm. Not sure I like the DIC controls on the turn shift arm, kind of awkward to access...especially while driving. My G8 has them on the wheel where the cruise control is on this car and much easier to access and reset.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So how do you people keep these black Regals shinny on the outside. I knew it was going to be bad, but it's worse than I thought! Every finger print shows. What's your secrets??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate this car...I have ad it for 3 months and the air went out, the engine is now banging every time I start it and the transmission shifts like a tank.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts