Buick Regal Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
We took in our Regal that only has 8000 miles on it to the Dealer for the first time, They ran the VIN and told us that the car has had a SOFTWARE UPDATE roughly about a year ago but that regardless they would look into the problem.
4 hours later we received a called to come pick up the car and that it was fixed. Once I got there I was told that there is a GM BULLETIN out on that very specific problem which stated that if has received a Software update then that the INTAKE CAM SOLENOID and the EXHAUST SOLENOID must be replaced and the ECM must be reprogrammed as per BULLETIN# 11195B
The OBDII CODE was P0011 CAM SOLENOID STICKING
Have driven the car for 60 miles after picking it up and it runs like new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wondering if anyone has any similar issues. Our 2011 Buick Regal "chugs" at stop lights, has trouble starting, will stall-out after starting and will turn completely off while driving down the road! All at random. It has been to the dealer 4 times (2 different dealers). And is usual; all they say is we can't find anything because there is not a service light on. Really frustrated with GM. Not sure what to do.:mad:
We took in our Regal that only has 8000 miles on it to the Dealer for the first time, They ran the VIN and told us that the car has had a SOFTWARE UPDATE roughly about a year ago but that regardless they would look into the problem.
4 hours later we received a called to come pick up the car and that it was fixed. Once I got there I was told that there is a GM BULLETIN out on that very specific problem which stated that if has received a Software update then that the INTAKE CAM SOLENOID and the EXHAUST SOLENOID must be replaced and the ECM must be reprogrammed as per BULLETIN# 11195B
The OBDII CODE was P0011 CAM SOLENOID STICKING
Have driven the car for 60 miles after picking it up and it runs like new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mass Airflow System

I had to take my brand new 2011 Buick Regal 2.0T in due to a service engine light coming on at only 3,500 miles. I have been told it is an issue with the Mass Airflow System, and they have to overnight the part from Michigan. Has anyone had this issue? Multiple repairs from issues with the turbo? I am keeping documentation of the work because I have a sad feeling this car is going to head toward being a lemon. 3,500 miles?! Good lord, this is disappointing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had similar problems to those mentioned in this thread. I have the base model 2011 Regal not the turbo, which I bought in March 2011. The car has always been sluggish, and the engine sounded like a truck and rattled. It shifted very hard, and when it downshifted, there was an extra bump. It also started stalling out occasionally for no reason. Recently the engine light came on, so I finally found time to take it to the dealership. Initially the replaced the fuel solenoid, but the engine light came on again. They replaced the balance shaft/water pump drive chain, both camshaft actuators, and the primary timing chain. I just got it back today, so I have not had a chance to see if the problem is fixed, but others having this problem may want to check these items. The service guy was very nice and helpful. He mentioned that they have had other Regals come in with similar problems.

Also, they fixed the heated seat on the drivers side which did not work properly from the day I got the vehicle. It would turn itself off within less than a minute, which was very frustrating over the winter time. Have not checked it yet, but hopefully it's fixed too.

Otherwise, I still like my Regal. Hope the problems have been resolved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Issues Resolved for now...

Hey guys, update on the 2011 Regal issues. They went from thinking it was everything from air flow sensor malfunction, to computer malfunction, to virtually not having a clue. My car was one of 5 in the country with this issue. Experts were consulted, and the problem turned out to be a leak (or a few leaks) in the piping leading to/from the intercooler and of the turbo itself. If you are having issues with your turbo model, you may want to have this checked out!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Remember for every bad story you hear there are 100 that are great just never put to words!! I have T07 purrs like a kitten, has been my favorite car EVER!

·
Registered
6 Posts
As stupid as this sounds, change your oil filter. Mine was exhibiting the same issues as most of you are having (2.0 turbo) after I changed the oil with mobil one 5/30 and a wix filter from O'reilly (the same brand I've used on my Volvo S60 that I've put 268,000 miles on) shortly after buying it CPO. After about 1500 miles of idle surges, weird noises, and general performance issues I decided to change the oil again using a Delco filter (made by hengst, none the less) and mobil one 5/30. THE CAR IS SILK! Here I was thinking all the reviews about how refined and smooth the 2.0 turbo was were written by someone who drove a riding lawnmower all their life. The car is much more responsive, much quieter, and vary rarely idle surges (though still does occasionally after long e-way jaunts, but only for a couple seconds). Seriously, if you're using anything other than a delco filter, I'll bet $7.99 that this is your issue. Give it a try.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe this is normal for the Regal turbo. At least I hope so because does the same thing.
I have the same issue. Its the way the computer is programmed. If you manually shift the car it wont do that. It seems the 6th gear should have never been added. It stays in that gear way to long to conserve fuel but at the cost of performance. GM needs to fix their sh*# ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
As stupid as this sounds, change your oil filter. Mine was exhibiting the same issues as most of you are having (2.0 turbo) after I changed the oil with mobil one 5/30 and a wix filter from O'reilly (the same brand I've used on my Volvo S60 that I've put 268,000 miles on) shortly after buying it CPO. After about 1500 miles of idle surges, weird noises, and general performance issues I decided to change the oil again using a Delco filter (made by hengst, none the less) and mobil one 5/30. THE CAR IS SILK! Here I was thinking all the reviews about how refined and smooth the 2.0 turbo was were written by someone who drove a riding lawnmower all their life. The car is much more responsive, much quieter, and vary rarely idle surges (though still does occasionally after long e-way jaunts, but only for a couple seconds). Seriously, if you're using anything other than a delco filter, I'll bet $7.99 that this is your issue. Give it a try.
Carniveau - I have used different oils and filters. Issue still remains :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe this is normal for the Regal turbo. At least I hope so because does the same thing.
I have a 2011 Buick Regal cxl turbo and it does the same thing also on my dash I’ve had a “stabilitrak” light on not to sure what to do about it

21 - 32 of 32 Posts