Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've read the various threads regarding the intgrated/antitheft feature that "supposedly" shutsdown the radio if a different impeadence is detected...but has it actually happened to anyone?!?!

I have a 2011 CXL with standard stereo (7 speaker) and am looking to add rear deck speakers.

I really don't want to go thru the cost and hassle if they're going to shut down my system.

Any direct knoweldge would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
See it to believe it...

Okay, I've read the various threads regarding the intgrated/antitheft feature that "supposedly" shutsdown the radio if a different impeadence is detected...but has it actually happened to anyone?!?!

I have a 2011 CXL with standard stereo (7 speaker) and am looking to add rear deck speakers.

I really don't want to go thru the cost and hassle if they're going to shut down my system.

Any direct knoweldge would be greatly appreciated.
I have the HK upgrade, so I have the 6x9's on the rear deck. I've sealed them up with an enclosure mounted underneath them.

As soon as I can get a little free time, I'm connecting my MTX Re-Q to the deck speaker leads to get a pre-amp signal for my Kenwood amp. I will post the results when I'm through.

Speaker impedance changes all the time as the voice coils heat and cool, so I find it hard to believe you cannot tap the signal for an LOC.

I've been wrong before, but I'll believe it when I see it :eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts