Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all:

I'm coming off of a 2011 stock Regal and just got into a new 2014 Regal, Premium package I w/ navigation. One thing I immediately noticed is that the sound of the stock radio is NOT as loud or powerful as my '11. In fact, I'd say it's about 20 percent less powerful from my volume meter.

Has anyone else had this impression? I've tried all forms of media and the best, for me, by far are mp3s from the USB drive. I've even tried tinkering with the bass, treble settings and in the end, the system seems pushed to the limit.

** I also notice cutouts in the trunk by the back windshield for speakers. Were those for the upgraded system?

Since I have possibly no idea, what can be done to easily remedy this? Add an amp? Will that blow out the speakers? Also, is it advised I get the Buick dealer to do it since they prolly know the ins and outs of the center stack? Has anyone modified? Will it blow out the wallet?

I've love any feedback that you guys have had.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's seems from what I can find the 2011 has a standard 9 speaker Harmon Kardon system and the 2014 has a 7 speaker system with subwoofer. I have the 2011 HK and the sound quality can vary depending on the music source overall its pretty good. I personally wouldn't add an amp to the stock speakers for fear of blowing them. Maybe change out the factory speakers for a better quality. The HK speakers in the 2011 were not at all what I was expecting when I saw pictures of another members speaker exchange.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't be surprised if Buick does not stand behind their product.

Also think about the problems GM has had over the past 15 yrs centered around their other vehicles and how many people they let die. All for a part that maybe cost a buck or two. They are on record for placing cost above safety.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you have the Bose speakers? Ours puts out very well, vibrates the drivers side mirror so hard when it's cranked up I'm going to have the dealer check the mirror. If it's not already amplified a competent audio shop should be able to replace speakers and add an amp for a reasonable cost which should spank the factory 'premium' system. And utilizing the factory head unit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts