Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to upgrade my DRLs to LED and my headlights to HID. Had anyone done this before on the 2014-15 Buick Regal? Headlights would need to be a 9012 Bi-Xenon from what I have read and the DRL's would need to be 7443 with a CK socket? Is that correct? I also read that I would need four 7443 bulbs (2 for each side). Has anyone done any of this before. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What I did

DRLs

Yes these are very easy. The two bulbs can be easily removed without any tools, just unscrew the access caps on the assembly and the clips release from behind. The hard part is finding a set of 7443 CK bulbs with the color and lumens you want. Also the bulb styles often have dark spots in the actual assembly. I've also heard that 7443 non polarity bulbs do work as well but haven't tried yet. Hope this helps!

For the HID headlight conversion

I ended up going with LED headlights, same look and I think brighter than HIDs. Plus most of the kits have super small ballasts. The kit I got was called lightening dark from Amazon. PM for a link as I don't post enough here to be able to include a link. But a simple search and selecting the proper bulb type will get you to the right ones. They are red. :)

They look fanastic and are super bright.

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts