Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just an FYI, I am actually getting the same repair done at my local dealer today....They have to replace the Serpentine Belt and Tensioner and I only have 19,500 miles on my Regal. I was having a screeching in the belts upon acceleration just as you have stated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
William/Customer Service Team,

Thank you for the reply, it is well noted as I may contact you soon regarding a recent dealer service related issue I just had....In the meantime, this may be appropriate for a different post, but has any fellow owner had a recall on their 2011 Regal for the A/C Fans? I have the service bulletin # at home, but bottom line is there was a "fuse block" missing and it was causing only ONE A/C fan to operate on HIGH, not both. There was no intermediate, it was either both fans on low speed as the A/C started up or one fan on high speed in normal operation or high heat causing a very loud, hyperspeed/overworked sounding fan. I brought this to the attention of my dealer and got a dismissive answer of "Cadillac and Buick's only operate on one fan when the A/C is on". I told them there was NO way that a brand new car should sound like an airplane about to take off (exaggerated but embarrassingly loud none-the-less). I was sent on my way as expected told everything was fine, but questioning their answer I received and still did not accept it fearing damage was being done as the fan sounded obviously overworked. Come to find out on my NEXT oil change, they looked in their system and said there was a bulletin regarding the A/C Fans about how only one operated in high speed, and needed to be serviced immediately as it was putting extra strain on the Turbo, etc... just as I brought up to them only to be assured this was normal. The dealer completed the service and it was appreciated, but disappointing to drive around with a defective cooling system unless I stuck by guns and insisted they looked further....any input or similar experiences from other Regal owners here?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts