Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just received my tire and wheel warranty and it says very clearly that it is not applicable to wheels exceeding 20 inches or tires with aspect ratio below 40 percent.

The Toyota dealer in Mississippi that sold me the car probably rarely gets wheels and tires like that of the GS and probably didn't know any better.

I can of course cancel and get a refund but $400 is so cheap I'd rather try to salvage the 60 month warranty. Stock 255/35r20 is 27" in diameter, 245/40r20 will be 27.7", and 235/40r20 will be 27.33" in diameter.

I'm not really an aggressive driver and would appreciate the more comfortable ride of the 235s which would have plenty of grip for my style of driving. At 20mm (0.8") narrower I'll lose some curb rash protection but will those tires fit well or not?

I guess I can sell/trade them to a GS owner with 19s so that's plan B. Opinions, recommendations? Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ha ha 235 40 20 tires are rare and around $350 per tire.

245 40 20 lots of choices starting at $125.

This makes the choice more difficult as it means the smaller tire is ridiculously expensive and the reasonably priced tires are probably a little too tall

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just received my tire and wheel warranty and it says very clearly that it is not applicable to wheels exceeding 20 inches or tires with aspect ratio below 40 percent.

The Toyota dealer in Mississippi that sold me the car probably rarely gets wheels and tires like that of the GS and probably didn't know any better.

I can of course cancel and get a refund but $400 is so cheap I'd rather try to salvage the 60 month warranty. Stock 255/35r20 is 27" in diameter, 245/40r20 will be 27.7", and 235/40r20 will be 27.33" in diameter.

I'm not really an aggressive driver and would appreciate the more comfortable ride of the 235s which would have plenty of grip for my style of driving. At 20mm (0.8") narrower I'll lose some curb rash protection but will those tires fit well or not?

I guess I can sell/trade them to a GS owner with 19s so that's plan B. Opinions, recommendations? Thanks
Did you ever end up mounting the 245/40R20 tires on your 20-inch wheels? I'm looking to do the same thing for my winter tire setup and am interested if everything fit ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts