Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't stand them, can't see anything out of them! I have them set for good visibility when I'm driving for the most part, but when reversing into a parking spot or sonething, I can't see the wheel/ground! I don't want to curb my new wheels and the back up sensors are a little too sensitive (went crazy when I was still +3ft from the wall). I wish mine had the 2012 turn signals in them, be sweet if the mirrors turned down when reversing like most luxury cars. I wonder if the swap to 2012 mirrors and have them angled down when in reverse would be feasible? I should probably install a back up camera to my navigation while I'm at it for extra security. Anyone else having these issues or is it me?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I can't stand them, can't see anything out of them! I have them set for good visibility when I'm driving for the most part, but when reversing into a parking spot or sonething, I can't see the wheel/ground! I don't want to curb my new wheels and the back up sensors are a little too sensitive (went crazy when I was still +3ft from the wall). I wish mine had the 2012 turn signals in them, be sweet if the mirrors turned down when reversing like most luxury cars. I wonder if the swap to 2012 mirrors and have them angled down when in reverse would be feasible? I should probably install a back up camera to my navigation while I'm at it for extra security. Anyone else having these issues or is it me?
Agreed... This is why I cannot wait to get my backup camera connected. I bought wheel/tire warranty on the Regal, I wish I had on the G8 because I had 3 dinged rims and curb rash too... I never realized how easy it was to screw-up the 19" low profile wheels and tires. I sure to now...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad I am not the only one! I need to find a way to hook up a camera to my stock navigation, I hope it's possible. It has to be a nightmare getting behind the navi tho.

Yes, they do seem small. I'm sure to make them more aesthetically pleasing and for aerodynamics, but I can't see much out of them! I'd love to have blind spot indicators in them, turn signals, and when in reverse the mirrors angle down and the navi turns the backup camera on. Too much to ask for?

·
Super Moderator
299 Posts
GM has people watching the forums. I D K if any of the ideas get passed on or if its just a customer service/warranty thing

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd love of they heard me and made that an option or accessory we could add. I'd take my car to the dealer today if they could do it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Use wide angle add on

I agree...mirrors and visabilty can be challenging. I added from K-mart the Bell wide angle circular mirrors to both mirrors. I angled them outward and it has extended my visability in the blind spots. Before pulling out look in the large part then scan the wide angle. Provides a bit more comfort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has been a pet peeve of mine since I purchased the vehicle.

I was pissed when I put that car into reverse and realized there was no mirror adjusting (like the other cars in the same price range).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Agreed... This is why I cannot wait to get my backup camera connected. I bought wheel/tire warranty on the Regal, I wish I had on the G8 because I had 3 dinged rims and curb rash too... I never realized how easy it was to screw-up the 19" low profile wheels and tires. I sure to now...
I have bumped my rims into the curb as well. Irritating!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts