Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've got a 14 regal that has a horrid smell coming from the a/c (when I turn it on) and it's raining out? Unsure what this could be and I'm just curious if anyone has had a similar issue and could help me out? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a 2011 Turbo in October, 2014. There was an odor similar to spoiled milk when I would turn the air on. Either I'm used to it or it went away on its own after a few weeks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought a 2011 Turbo in October, 2014. There was an odor similar to spoiled milk when I would turn the air on. Either I'm used to it or it went away on its own after a few weeks.
Hello Greatminds and S.O.G,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your A/C. Additionally, I am more than happy to look further into this situation. Please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and the name of your involved dealership if this is of interest. Have a great evening and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Brandon M.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2011 Regal CXL...sadly, mine has the same disgusting smell that randomly comes out when I turn the A/C or Heat on. It might go weeks without doing it, and then right when you have someone in the car.....yep, that horrid smell comes out and you're left trying to explain that it's not YOU who smells- but rather your car...Ugh. I would think there is something wrong with hoses or whatnot...who knows for certain. But Buick really should replace whatever is causing this problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2011 Regal CXL, and it does the SAME thing!!! Drives me nuts. Mine happens at random times though...not only when it rains. Oh, and it can happen when I use the heat as well. I swear this car has had more problems than I can count!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a 2011 Regal CXL...sadly, mine has the same disgusting smell that randomly comes out when I turn the A/C or Heat on. It might go weeks without doing it, and then right when you have someone in the car.....yep, that horrid smell comes out and you're left trying to explain that it's not YOU who smells- but rather your car...Ugh. I would think there is something wrong with hoses or whatnot...who knows for certain. But Buick really should replace whatever is causing this problem.
Hi jeannes2boys,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this odor from your A/C system. I know that I reached out to your other posts a few days ago, but I wanted to just reiterate that you are welcome to send a PM our way if there is anything we can do to assist.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Shane M.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Shane,

I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure how to private message you. I'm just curious; if there are multiple people complaining about a foul smell coming from the vents, has Buick looked into this valid complaint? Just seems that it's an ongoing issue for each year starting in 2011...one would think Buick would fix their error, free of cost in order to keep the customers happy and satisfied.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey Shane,

I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure how to private message you. I'm just curious; if there are multiple people complaining about a foul smell coming from the vents, has Buick looked into this valid complaint? Just seems that it's an ongoing issue for each year starting in 2011...one would think Buick would fix their error, free of cost in order to keep the customers happy and satisfied.
Hey jeannes2boys,

I apologize for the brief delay in responding. You may send us a private message by clicking the “Buick Customer Service” name in the upper left hand corner of one of my posts to you. Once you click on the name, a drop down menu should appear with the option to send us a private message. However, you are also more than welcome to send me an email at [email protected] with ATTN: Shane M. in the subject heading.

As for your question regarding your A/C system concerns; concerns that may seem common are always examined on a case-by-case basis because factors can vary with each customer, vehicle, and situation. However, if you wouldn’t mind sending us an email with the requested information, I would be more than happy help you get in touch with your dealership so that we may look into this situation further.

I hope that this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Shane M.
Buick Customer Care

1 - 8 of 8 Posts