Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After heating up, the brakes on my 2011 Regal turbo squeal loudly when they are applied. The noise is constant and actually has gotten to the point where it's embarrassing. My wife refuses to drive the car because of the noise. The pads are still at full thickness, and I've had the vehicle in for service a few times at the dealership I bought it from. Service mechanics keep telling me they can't replicate the sound. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yup, except the embarassing part. Tires are due to be rotated and I will have the dealership look at the brakes at the same time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I do apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue. These issues are being documented. Please keep me informed of how the dealership appointment goes or I can look into this if you have not been able to resolve the issue. Please send a private message with your VIN, name, the dealership name, and situation. I hope this is resolved quickly an satisfactorily for you.

Matt

Buick Customer Service

·
Registered
11 Posts
I brought this up to the dealer. He couldn't duplicate the problem. I told him back brakes squeak intermittently, esp. when leaving the garage or parking lot from a startup when the car has been sitting.. he explained they are high performance racing brakes and will tend to squeak. Solution was to replace them with a lesser grade brake.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Squeaking issue

I have the same issue with my Regal and brought it over to the dealership and they try to burnish the rotors. Basically the dealer said the same thing, that the brakes do that and it should go away on its own. However, the following week I found out that the dealership did something with my rotors and made some deep scrapes. I went back to them and they couldn't explained how something like that happened. I remember looking at the rotors that day when I got the car after they worked on it and the rotors looked buffed up. Did not think anything of it at the time and when I saw the scratches I flipped. The dealer will be installing new rotors but I want this squeaking noise to go away. Hopefully we can get more information on this forum on what is causing the noise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, had the dealer look at the brakes after explaining the issue. They said that the brakes were normal and that they did not do anything. They have squealed for the 300 miles since.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you have brembos (gs model) and your brakes squeal buy hawk brake pads. A little less performance (come on are you really taking your buick to a race track) but no squeal and way less brake dust on the wheels.

If you don't have brembos you have a problem don't take no from the dealership. If your car only does it at startup for the minute thats pretty common and shouldn't be too embarrassing if it lasts under a minute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts