Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you buy one???

I think it would be great if Buick offered a 2-door coupe version of the new Regal. It doesn't have to be a part of the current line-up, but a thought for the future, depending on the success of the Regal and the Regal GS. I know in the past (1988-1996) Buick offered a 2-door coupe Regal... I'm not sure of the sales, but I've seen a few driving around, so obviously people liked them. It would be good as Buick is trying to attract a younger crowd - a 2-door coupe offering might be the right way to do it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would definitely buy one! I think a Regal 2-door coupe would be an amazing idea. That would definitely attract a younger buyer!!! Since a Regal Coupe was offered in the past, I don't see why Buick wouldn't revisit that idea - again, I'm not sure how well the Regal coupe's did in sales...

From a design point, I think a Regal 2-door coupe would look absolutely beautiful!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
FWD premium coupes have been disappearing over the last decades. Examples include acura legend coupe, then their CL, buick riveara, Cadillac Eldorado. The gm versions didn't offer mt but the ricers did.

Rwd yields great performance in the sun but not so much in the snow, and they've discovered that the inferior performance handling of fwd is actually more fun than rwd because you can get a fwd car near its limits at legal speeds, whereas to take a rwd car close to its limits will land you in jail or with huge fines and insurance bills.

Challenge: list any fwd coupes for sale today with h.i.d.s, dual exhaust and comfy seating for 4. Now tell me if any of those are offered in a stick.

And don't blame the manufacturers, they'd make premium fwd coupes if people were buying them so obviously not enough people were buying them. Its the same with colors, why are all new cars monochromatic and void of any colors? Does blue, red, green paint cost more to make? No its probably again nobody was buying exciting colors in favor of boring colors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts