Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very interested in buying a new 2013 Regal Turbo that I've found at a dealer. The only problem is that it has all been sitting for a very long time on the lot. The one I'm looking at right now has been on the lot for over a year and it seems like it hasn't been driven as it only has 4 miles on it.

The price I was offered is very good though. MSRP was $35,000 and they are selling for $31,000.

I'm a little hesitant to buy a car thats been sitting for so long as I have heard it can cause serious issues with a car. I was told that the battery will likely need to be changed along with coolant, engine oil, and possibly belts and hoses. Also the car would need a full fuel system flush as the gas has been in it for too long.

I don't really mind changing these things as I will likely spend around $1000, making the total for the car around $32000 which is still far less than other cars I was considering.

Although I'm worried about possible damage or wear that would cause serious problems in the future such as suspension/corrosion problems.

Would you suggest buying a car thats been sitting for a year or just going with something newer? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought a 2013 GS 3 weeks ago thats been on the lot all year. No issues. Battery was weak but came back and load tested fine. IMHO none of the other things you mentioned should be an issue. I store a car for 6 months every year and I have had no issues. The gas will be s**t but it'll burn. Mine had half a tank so I filled it and took it easy til it gone and then refilled. I would not hesitate to hammer out the best deal you can on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts