Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know if the trnasmission oil and filter in an 2011 Buick Regal Turbo w/ automatic can be changed? Manual states it is 'sealed'.
Please advise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2011 regal turbo 4 cylinder

:frown2::surprise: Can't find any info on this topic .Someone must have some input?????:surprise::surprise:Been a long time since I asked this question. absolutely no replies. Does anyone ever change the transmission filter and fluid in a buick regal after 70 thousand miles. this seems like a TABU question to ask? There must be a way to change these items. No matter what the manuals say the fluid changes after many miles. There is a torx plug on the top of the transmission for a refill. need to know where is the drain plug and Full plug .HELP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Evidently Transmission fluid and filter changes are for Business Owners to deal with. I:E: Dealerships, Transmission Shops and Professional Mechanics who have Info from places like ALLDATA.Com???? Where the correct INFO is. Can't afford $200.00 a month for Membership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2014. There is a dipstick to check the tranny fluid and i was able to order a filter for it from Amazon.

Did you look under hood for a dipstick? Did you get under it to see if there is a pan that you can unbolt? Did you check to see if a filter is available for it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found out how to do it. Go to u-tube type in Volvo transmission oil change Aisin TF-80 SC 6 speed auto. This person did a perfect job of how to do it. I followed his video worked perfect. I purchased my fluid from ams oil their product is better than GM'S and Cheaper. I had to do it 3 times to get my fluid to look Reddish color. Started off color like Chocolate Milk. Goes to show you, it Needs Changing. I changed at 80,000 miles. You will need a scan tool for the Tran's Temperature. Great Video.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2014 Regal Turbo. My auto tranny has a dipstick and a drain plug no no issues there. I did buy a transmission filter for it, but it will forever go unused as the only way to replace it is to split the tranny open from what i can find!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 12 regal GS and I have discovered that the trans is an Aisin Warner. All other Regals including the turbo models use and GM6T50 6 speed trans. The GS has a high output 2.0 L and more power than the Regal turbo's. With a special intake kit mine is pumping ouyt295 HP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently performed a trans flush on my 2012 regal GS. The following is the procedure I used to flush and change all fluid in one operation. Start by visiting local wrecking yard and obtain a comparable trans cooling line. Raise car and remove the small center drain plug. Some fluid will come out. Remove big plug with the center tube going up into the oil. About 3 liters will come out. Replace the two plugs just removed. The tranny is now empty except for the torque converter and the cooling lines. Remove the 10 mm bolt from the cooling line bracket and pull the lines from the trans. The fluid will now drain from the radiator and the cooling line. Now take the line acquired from the wrecking yard and attach it in the lower outlet of the trans. and secure it with the 10 mm bolt. Place the open end in a catch bucket .Oil normally circulates out of the trans lower hose and through the radiator and back into the trans through the upper hose.. Remove the fill plug from the top of the transmission and install a hose and funnel, pour in three liters of oil. Leave this plug out for the time being. Have a helper start and run the engine. The engine running will cause the transmission pump to operate and the new fluid will be pumped through the torque converter through the lower outlet hose and into the drain bucket expelling all old fluid from the torque. Shut off the engine when the fluid stops flowing. Remove the spare cooling line and reattach the original lines to the transmission. Install three liters of oil and start engine and run for a while switching between all the gears slowly from park to 1st and back while warming the fluid. Leave engine running and remove small centre drain plug. Add fluid until it stars to run down and out the overflow tube in the large plug. Make sure the car is level and the fluid warm and fill level will be set to the correct level automatically. Install the small plug in the center of the big plug and install fill plug on top of the transmission and you are done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A slight modification will be required to separate the spare cooling lines as only one is needed to perform this operation. I cut one side of the bracket so I could remove one line from the bracket and leave the other attached.. The upper return line is left open and fluid will not leak out of the trans. because the lower pressure outlet hose is going into the drain bucket. You have now performed a complete flush of trans. torque converter and cooling lines with 7 or 8 liters of very expensive oil. I paid $8.00 for the extra set of cooling lines at Pick n Pull auto wreckers in my home Kelowna BC . I will keep them for use on my next flush. A 2015 Verano Turbo with the GM 6T50 trans. I paid $129.00 Canadian for 8 liters of AW1 compatible trans fluid from my local Lordco auto parts store. The Regal had 92,000 km's on the clock and the fluid was black.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts