Buick Regal Forum : 2011 Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a Regal CXL last week. I've done some searching and I can't seem to find anyone complaining about engine noise similar to what I'm hearing in my car. And that is some vibration noise coming from the engine area when I start my car and when I stop at a stop sign or something. I don't believe this is normal, it does sound like something is vibrating that shouldn't be.

When I took the car for a test drive, the salesman says "oh, it sounds like the heat shield is loose" cause the vibrating was bad. When I picked it up and we started it up to go through the On Star and stuff, it made that vibrating noise and I told him I was concerned about that, he said the service tech told him they all do that when you start them and it stops after about a minute... I haven't been in another regal so I have no idea.

So this vibrating is pretty much only at idle, but when I put the car in drive and start to accelerate it does vibrate slightly more until the RPM's get a little higher. It's just an annoying sound that I find to be embarrassing if other people can hear it. Does anyone else have this sound coming from their car? I just wanted to check on here before making an appointment to have the dealer look at it. I was going to make them prove to me that they all do it by letting me get in another Regal and start that up to compare.

Thanks!

EDIT: I meant 2.4L, woops!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same issue win my car. My dealer is servicing now and had to tear down engine. I'll post the final results and what to tell your dealer. All covered under warranty.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is it a vibration or are you hearing a high pitched squealing during acceleration that stops? I have had a pulley and tensioner replaced on my 2012 Turbo at about 14,000 miles. Hope that is not a regular occurrence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts