Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a totaled 2011 CXL 1 fixed it myself pictures shown
Don't have any of previous damage but do have some of after!
Not sure if you guys know but GS bumper and headlights will fit any Regal 11-13

Anyways if anyone needs any tips or help let me know
Also I have shop for anyone who wants to do the conversion about roughly 1800$ rear bumper about 600$ more and skirts 300$ approx if my supplier can still get the oem covers from the factory

But anyways first photo is 2011 CXL lights and everything works fine as should

Last picture
Next project is 2012 turbo premuim 1 doing a full conversion all around pics will be uploaded in about 3 weeks when done

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, that looks really good. Did it have the HID headlights before the conversion? If not I would be interested how you converted from the halogen headlights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that looks really good. Did it have the HID headlights before the conversion? If not I would be interested how you converted from the halogen headlights.
No it did not have HID lights before conversion just halogen
The HID will plug into the orginal harness same as the halogens but u will find out that they won't work. The led will turn on fine but the headlights will flicker because the car thinks the lights are not on and will kill the power to them.
There is a way around this tho it took me almost a week to figure it out reading other people's ideas on other vehicles and conversions
Basically you have to ad a ground wire to the headlight in one of pins that it is missing.
that's not it you also have to ad a capacitor from that ground on one of the orginal cars light harness to trick the computer into thinking there is a halogen light there so it won't reduce/turn the power off since HID use less power.

I'll do a full write up later on how to do it exactly with pictures in about 5-10 days

In the mean time I'd search on ebay for these headlights I bought both for 360$ with bulbs and ballast oem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for replying. You confirmed my fear! haha.

Also did you have any plans to rework the fogs somehow since the GS bumper does not have any? I've someone fit LEDs into the little grill piece that is in front of the wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you can it's very easy as just cutting the old fog light end harness off. Only If You Will Always Leave It Like this. Or just adding an extension wire from the old fog light harness with no cutting and adding the fog where you want

There are some Chinese made fog lights that are for the GS that go on the vents on side of the bumper

Or u can hide the fog behind the silver plated grill insert

Me personally I think either would look bad I just rather have stock

The HID lights have great visibility and you don't rly need fogs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

Here is an update of the car at the shop...
Just got the car yest and got it in the shop and lined everything up, and did a little frame work on the upper radiator support...
Now to take it apart and get it it ready for paint as well as the side skirts and rear bumper

Before and after pics work in progress

btw car has a salvage title picked it up for 6000$ total with towing 2012 regal fully loaded 7k miles should be fully done as if nothing happened with the GS Conversion for about 11k

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hid conversion

For those that want to know how to covert your halogens to projector HID lights

Here is a brief way hope I explain myself well feel free to ask questions

Things u need soldering, heat shrink, black wire, 10m socket, wire splitters and 2 capacitors 4700 uf you can get all of this at your local Radio Shack

First you need to look at the HID housing connector and your car harness that goes to it you will notice that there is a pin missing in the harness it is the Last one on the bottom, you need to ad a wire here to ground it to the car chassis

Next you need to find a yellow wire in the car harness and spice into this wire in order to connect the capacitor to the ground wire you connected to the chasis.

That's pretty much it just make sure you solder if wanted everything and heat shrink wrap as well using electrical tape if needed

Also make sure the capacitor arrow is directed towards the Ground wire

Photos are not very clear but I can upload some better ones later

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts