Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, does anyone know what's going on with the 2.4 engines from 2011? I brought the car in complaining that it was running rough, using/smelling oil and getting loud like a diesel. The next thing I know the dealer says the engine cylinders are worn and need new sleeves. After about a few weeks I got it back. They said the engine needed to be rebuilt. So what's going on here? Is there some known issue?

Also, I was driving the family and set my cruise on 75 then turned it on at 70. The engine down shifted and never came out of a lower gear. The tach was at 5000 rpm. I had to take it out of cruise and slow down a bit for it to up shift into OD.

I have 30,000 miles on the nose.

Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello Matt2011Regal,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle and already visited your local dealership. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an engine issue with your vehicle. Please contact us via private message if we can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, does anyone know what's going on with the 2.4 engines from 2011? I brought the car in complaining that it was running rough, using/smelling oil and getting loud like a diesel. The next thing I know the dealer says the engine cylinders are worn and need new sleeves. After about a few weeks I got it back. They said the engine needed to be rebuilt. So what's going on here? Is there some known issue?

Also, I was driving the family and set my cruise on 75 then turned it on at 70. The engine down shifted and never came out of a lower gear. The tach was at 5000 rpm. I had to take it out of cruise and slow down a bit for it to up shift into OD.

I have 30,000 miles on the nose.

Thanks!
For 2011 non turbo regal owners. GM sent out a notice of possible 2.4 engine issues "chrome layer on the balance chains" ETC and extended the warranty......Mike

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an appointment to take my Regal in on thursday due to the "Diesel sound coming from the engine". I have only had the car 3 weeks now and the sound has become louder. I was backing up slowly and it really rattled/ticked made me very nervous and embarrassed. My father first brought it to my attention the first day he saw the car. I was backing out and he ran out to tell me it's making a strange ticking noise. I hope they fix it because there are no check engine lights on.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have an appointment to take my Regal in on thursday due to the "Diesel sound coming from the engine". I have only had the car 3 weeks now and the sound has become louder. I was backing up slowly and it really rattled/ticked made me very nervous and embarrassed. My father first brought it to my attention the first day he saw the car. I was backing out and he ran out to tell me it's making a strange ticking noise. I hope they fix it because there are no check engine lights on.
Hi adaboy,

I’m very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this sound so early into your ownership of the vehicle. Please keep us posted on how the dealership visit goes and feel free to PM me if you would like an additional layer of assistance
while working with the dealership.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
How funny! I just bought a 2011 Buick Regal 2.4 (non-turbo) from CarMax and noticed the engine noise at CarMax and was told that's how they all sound. Took it back the next day to have it looked at and they said they could not find anything wrong. Took it back again to have the driver heated seat fixed and reported a clicking sound when turning left at low speeds. They fixed the heated seat but said they couldn't hear the clicking sound and nothing was wrong with the engine. Needless to say I'm VERY concerned!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a suggestion for future car purchases...NEVER buy a model the first year it comes out! No matter what the make/model!

Do your homework next time! The 2012's+ with the 2.4 engine have been flawless...if only you would have waited or purchased a year newer... :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Engine noise

Late post but the dealer replaced the AC belt tensioner. They said it was the cause of the rattling noise at idle, whith normal driving and louder when turning at low speeds. And yes if I had know it was the first year model I wouldnt have purchased this car either. It had low miles and reasonalbly priced with all the bells and whistles...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts