Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded in my 2011 Regal for a 2013 Chevy Malibu with the 2.5 L engine. The letter from Buick stating that the cam chains could fail due to poor plating problems and that the fuel pressure relief valve could leak and fill the engine with fuel was the last straw.:( They wrote they were extending the warranty to 120K miles. It's sad because the wife and I really loved the looks, interior, and the way it handled. To bad Buick can not make a reliable small car and had to import such a poor quality vehicle to fill the void. No more Buicks for me! The Malibu rides better with more HP and is also quitter than the Regal. Go figure.
I only had 24K miles on it with numerous problems over the last three years. Worse GM car I have ever owned, and this one made 27.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's odd you had so many issues, I don't see many warranty issues with any Buick or GM cars in general the last few years. Unlike the amount of warranty that was done in the 80's and 90's , hope your luck is better with Malibu

·
Registered
157 Posts
We're sorry to hear that your time with the Regal did not end well, gary9648. Hopefully all goes well with your new Malibu!

Kindest regards,
Sarah (Assisting Jessica)
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats on the Malibu. It has taken an unfair pounding the press. Sorry to read about your Buick issues. Love my 2012 Turbo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts