Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 2014 Buick Regal. Not Keyless/No Push Button start.
I only received a single key/ 4 button remote...searched ebay and amazon. Based on reviews of after market fobs i ended up buying a couple of barely used OEM fobs and new blank blades.
Correct me if i am wrong but it is my understanding that when the remote/fobs are programmed they are "locked", but can be unlocked and reprogrammed.

Is there a method for this that i can do myself or will it require the use of a pro. The locksmith i was in contact with can cut the keys and do the reprogramming but if i can do the reprogramming myself it will save quite a bit.
18 bucks each to cut the keys(my blanks). 50 bucks each to cut keys and program remotes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Asked ...and answered -> an already programmed remote needs to be unlocked from its previous programming. The old blades were easy to remove with a small drill bit and a hammer to drive out the rollpin. The New blades were an easy install with a pair of pliers to squeeze the rollpin into place. Reprogramming is easily done but the cutting of the blanks with reprogramming was 25 each.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts