Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I just bought a Regal Turbo T5 the other day and noticed that the car feels very sluggish when accelerating. Almost seems as if its jerky, if that makes sense. I am wondering if its the 87 octane the dealership put in. What are you other Turbo owners using for octane? If I have to use 93, then so be it, but the dealership said to use 87. Thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
everyone says the trans computer has too learn drivers driving habits..for awhile.
i've used both did'nt notice much difference. but if you get a tune it probably would take higher octane.also if i have the extra cash i just put in 91 octane in canada..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the turbo T6 and mine did the same thing on 87 octane. I thought it was because the car sat on the showroom floor. At the next fill up I put in 93 octane and a bottle of 104 octane that you can buy at Walmart. Car runs alot better and I go between 89 and 93 octane depending on gas prices. Hope this helps you with your decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys... Yeah I started adding in 93 and it made a BIG difference. Engine wasnt knocking and drove smoother. Love how the dealerships told me to just put in 87. Unreal...

·
Registered
13 Posts
All,

I just bought a Regal Turbo T5 the other day and noticed that the car feels very sluggish when accelerating. Almost seems as if its jerky, if that makes sense. I am wondering if its the 87 octane the dealership put in. What are you other Turbo owners using for octane? If I have to use 93, then so be it, but the dealership said to use 87. Thoughts or suggestions?
car manual says to use 91 and above. I'm going with that. I want the most performance out of my car. i plan on keeping the car for years, so want to maintain it properly. and for warranty purposes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts