Buick Regal Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My name is Richard and my wife and I bought our 2011 Buick Regal CXL RL6 Carbon Black Metallic in September 2010. The car Regal is used for her daily commute to work which is about 40 minutes total, mostly highway. So far the car has been wonderful and we hope it continues.

My hobby for the last 16 years has been auto detailing and I stay as busy as I want to with it. I'm still looking but I haven't found a car care or detailing section here. So if you all have any questions feel free to ask. My product selection goes way beyond anything you will find on the shelves at Walmart, Advance Auto, Auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc. I use a lot of professional products from Meguiar's, Optimum Polymer Technologies, Menzerna, Duragloss, Ultima, and many others as well as boutique products from various companies.

So anyway, I hope to help where I can and I hope to learn as much as possible at the same time. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Super Moderator
299 Posts
How many miles on the regal so far? My wife has had a couple duds in a row and we're hoping this is a good one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How many miles on the regal so far? My wife has had a couple duds in a row and we're hoping this is a good one.
26,000 She took the car in Wednesday because the bottom seat heating element quit, they broke some clips while putting the seat back together and ordered those for today. While putting things together they managed to break the bezel for the power seat switch and installed the switch backward. So those parts are on order for tomorrow. Can't wait to see what they break while replacing parts they broke while replacing a broken part. On top of this they entered 36,000 miles into the computer and fixed it to read 26,000 but if it ends up a permanent record I plan to get a lawyer involved. I'm not going to own a new car with an odometer issue on the title because of their mistake. Oh, let's not forget they attempted to charge us $43 to inspect the brakes because we complained about a noise.

This is at Moses Buick - Cadillac in Charleston, WV in case you're wondering.

As you can see the car is not the dud, it's the so called mechanics that are breaking it, I mean working on it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
So anyway, I hope to help where I can and I hope to learn as much as possible at the same time. :)
I'll take you up on that offer.

I just picked up a Regal in Metallic Silver with Ebony interior for my wife. Her last car was a 2002 Buick Regal GS in Silver with Gray Leather.

The Grey leather/interior required zero effort for it to appear clean. Only had the black one for a few days and we see the black is going to require a fair amount of effort to be clean.

What dash cleaner would you recommend to keep my surfaces dust free and clean, preferably not greasy like armorall. Should I be cleaning/conditioning the leather seats every so often, if so what should I use?

Picked up some Armorall Cleaning Wipes (Not the protecive wipes that are greasy), are those horrible to use on a regular basis?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts