Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
roogal,

Good idea starting this thread. I agree with your sentiments regarding the base Regal's halogen headlights. I too feel that projector beam headlights should be standard on the Regal. I know other members have expressed interest in replacing standard halogens with projector beams, and/or HIDs, including the site administrator.

Like you, I too would love to replace the standard halogens, but am not very mechanically inclined when it comes to replacing car components. I know it would be very expensive to move to factory Regal HIDs, if even possible, but I like sticking with mostly factory materials and really like the look of the HIDs found on the GS. My dream is to move from the standard halogens to factory HIDs. I would consider aftermarket if I saw examples I like.

If any members install projector beams or HIDs that they really like, please share.

Thank you in advance.

Rob

· Registered
10 Posts
Maybe it's time to inquiry a car mod forum. We need true car modding experts in this thread!
Amen to that!

BTW, When I typed up my response, I had forgotten that some Turbo Regals do not have the HIDs. There is actually a 2011 Carbon Flash Regal at my selling dealership, still for sale, with the standard halogens. Maybe that is why it's still for sale. ;)

Seriously, I do not know if I am going to make the upgrade, yet. I found a nice ding in my driver's door. Since the clear coat has been removed, I can't have a dent repair shop just "pop" it out. I went ahead and had a body shop write an estimate. Long story short, to have the repair done properly it will run me about $700. It's not a large ding, it just annoys me knowing it's there. If I decide to have this repair performed, I will have to hold off on headlight upgrade. I do not plan on starting a claim with my insurance company for the ding, just pay out of pocket.

Driving our 2012 Outlander GT with HID lights, I notice a huge difference in brightness when compared to the Regal's halogens. Not to mention the span the light covers is greater than that of my Regal's, even when I use the fog lights, along with the headlights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.