Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for more information regarding the replacement of a drivers side headlight bulb.
Has anyone replaced there headlight bulb yet?
I have a 2011 Buick Regal cxl. The owners manual says that the neck of the windshield washer reservoir needs to be lifted up and away so you can access the bulb.
Any thoughts or info?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On drivers side you need to lift the neck of the washer fluid reservoir (it actually separates from the main reservoir). This allowed me to access the cap (still a tight fit to get your hand in there). I turned the bulb a little and the bulb went on. I didn't end up changing the bulb. I will keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't have to change the bulb on the driver's side. It was a bad connection. It looks like the headlight bulb socket crumbled. The grey plastic became brittle over time (I am not sure if this is because of heat). I tried to find a new bulb socket but this was very difficult. I found one, but I had to "customize" it to make it work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The low beam bulb went out on my 2011 Buick regal cxl but my boyfriend changed it...its pretty simple just follow the steps in the owners guide 1st take washer fluid neck off (pull it straight up) then you have the 2 low and high beam options twist the cover off and the light bulb socket is right there when my boyfriend took it out it looked like it was burnt or shorted out the bulb was working and we thought we didn't need to replace it so we put it back in and it wouldn't work I thought I was gonna have to take it in to the dealership and pay a good $200

1 - 5 of 5 Posts