Buick Regal Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be taking delivery of my Regal CXL4 on Monday, coming off an Infiniti 07' G35X which I will dearly miss. I have searched all over the internet and do not see any aftermarket wheels for the Regal out there yet...

Am I missing something? Any time estimates on when I can expect to start seeing some?

Also, does Buick do anything screwy with the tire pressure monitors when they are replaced with aftermarket wheels??

·
Banned
62 Posts
the bolt pattern is 5x120 (corvette/camaro/late model BMW)
with BMW wheels the only thing your going to have to watch out for is offsets as they have really short axles and can run rediculously low offsets without problems.

i dont know the hub size for these cars YET but assuming BMW has larger bores you would need hub rings (i suggest aluminum hub rings instead of plastic)

how much are you looking to spend and what size?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of staying with 18" 's or possibly jumping up to 19" 's. My wheel (non tire) is approx $150 per wheel. Not looking to spend a ton here, just want to dress it up a little and in this enonomy, I can't justify it.

·
Banned
62 Posts
600 for a set isnt bad. i know i could find you 18's for that much.

want black or silver, doesnt matter? width preference?

my wheels should be here later this week and ill post pictures up if they end up fitting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking for the glossy black . Trying 2 get away from the OEM Look but for instalation & use ease, I will probably stay w/ the 18" OEM size/spec.

·
Banned
62 Posts
cool just looked today the stock 18s are
18x8 with a 42 offset which means BMW wheels are runable.

sparco set little higher in price than you want but 18's in our bolt pattern for that price are hard to come by.

stick with the big boys for wheel companies (enkei, asa, and BE) for our bolt patterns and you should be fine. some of the cheaper wheels you are going to run into how soft they are and the quality of the finishes.

XXR wheels are cheap strongish and the finish is decent. i know whole sets can be had for 500 shipped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With the wheel weight factor, at what point will I start to see a fuel economy loss? I'm looking to squeeze every drop out of this with the crazy gas prices and the mileage I drive weekly.

Thanks for posting that site. If you come across anymore, please throw it up here. Id love 2 take a look

Thanks

·
Banned
62 Posts
fuel economy....probably never. these stock wheels weigh a ton. the 19's just on an eyball...im going to guess weigh over 35 pounds a peice. oem wheels are heavier but also for the most part stronger.

if you wanted to really lighten things up and money wasnt an option Forged wheels would be the way to go. if you stayed in cast Team Dynamics would be the lightest/strongest option for our cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
- Aftermarket Wheels Availability & Info

Quick note as I found out some 411 regarding the availabilty of aftermarket wheels for the BUICK REGAL / REGAL TURBO, etc.

AM wheels will hit the market about mid May/June 2011.

Reason being is that GM have a six month hold (exclusive) on certain parts pertaining to their cars. This includes tires/wheels, etc. I was given this information from a few much reliable sources at GM & a Buick dealership.

Though there are a couple I have seen floating around. I do know that they are not size specific ...more or less 'compatible' size wheels.

·
Banned
62 Posts
Quick note as I found out some 411 regarding the availabilty of aftermarket wheels for the BUICK REGAL / REGAL TURBO, etc.

AM wheels will hit the market about mid May/June 2011.

Reason being is that GM have a six month hold (exclusive) on certain parts pertaining to their cars. This includes tires/wheels, etc. I was given this information from a few much reliable sources at GM & a Buick dealership.

Though there are a couple I have seen floating around. I do know that they are not size specific ...more or less 'compatible' size wheels.
what?

I work at a Buick/GMC store...great friends with a handful of parts managers. GM accessory wheels are not availible but aftermarkets are...GM cant put a hold on the aftermarket community because they dont want to see something on the cars for 6 months....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts